Lately there have been a lot of disaster films on the tube. Most seem to focus on 2012 and the sun, but there are other causes of our pending destruction. So, when I saw this picture of the Aurora Austrailis taken above the phenomenon, naturally it caught my attention. Then, I began to think: What if there is actually some truth to these predictions or more accurately: What if God is really trying to tell us something? Here is an instance where GOD IS COMMUNICATING, but was anybody listening?
Numbers 24:1-25 (WEB)
1) When Balaam saw that it pleased Yahweh to bless Israel, he didn’t go, as at the other times, to meet with enchantments, but he set his face toward the wilderness.
2) Balaam lifted up his eyes, and he saw Israel dwelling according to their tribes; and the Spirit of God came on him.
3) He took up his parable, and said, “Balaam the son of Beor says, the man whose eye was closed says;
4) he says, who hears the words of God, who sees the vision of the Almighty, falling down, and having his eyes open:
5) How goodly are your tents, Jacob, and your tents, Israel!
6) As valleys they are spread forth, as gardens by the riverside, as aloes which Yahweh has planted, as cedar trees beside the waters.
7) Water shall flow from his buckets. His seed shall be in many waters. His king shall be higher than Agag. His kingdom shall be exalted.
8) God brings him out of Egypt. He has as it were the strength of the wild ox. He shall eat up the nations his adversaries, shall break their bones in pieces, and pierce them with his arrows.
9) He couched, he lay down as a lion, as a lioness; who shall rouse him up? Everyone who blesses you is blessed. Everyone who curses you is cursed.”
10) Balak’s anger was kindled against Balaam, and he struck his hands together; and Balak said to Balaam, “I called you to curse my enemies, and, behold, you have altogether blessed them these three times.
11) Therefore now flee you to your place! I thought to promote you to great honor; but, behold, Yahweh has kept you back from honor.”
12) Balaam said to Balak, “Didn’t I also tell your messengers who you sent to me, saying,
13) ‘If Balak would give me his house full of silver and gold, I can’t go beyond the word of Yahweh, to do either good or bad of my own mind. I will say what Yahweh says’?
14) Now, behold, I go to my people: come, I will inform you what this people shall do to your people in the latter days.”
15) He took up his parable, and said, “Balaam the son of Beor says, the man whose eye was closed says;
16) he says, who hears the words of God, knows the knowledge of the Most High, and who sees the vision of the Almighty, Falling down, and having his eyes open:
17) I see him, but not now. I see him, but not near. A star will come out of Jacob. A scepter will rise out of Israel, and shall strike through the corners of Moab, and break down all the sons of Sheth.
18) Edom shall be a possession. Seir, his enemies, also shall be a possession, while Israel does valiantly.
19) Out of Jacob shall one have dominion, and shall destroy the remnant from the city.”
20) He looked at Amalek, and took up his parable, and said, “Amalek was the first of the nations, But his latter end shall come to destruction.”
21) He looked at the Kenite, and took up his parable, and said, “Your dwelling place is strong. Your nest is set in the rock.
22) Nevertheless Kain shall be wasted, until Asshur carries you away captive.”
23) He took up his parable, and said, “Alas, who shall live when God does this?
24) But ships shall come from the coast of Kittim. They shall afflict Asshur, and shall afflict Eber. He also shall come to destruction.”
25) Balaam rose up, and went and returned to his place; and Balak also went his way.
(Numbers 24:1-25, WEB)
We are human beings, we see what we want and listen to what we want... like it or not! Balak had hired Balaam to curse Israel, but he could not. Needless to say, Balak was not happy about the situation. But, what about Balaam? Notice verses 3,4 and 15,16. While these verses could be a reference to the process of prophecy, yet somehow they seem to say he was unable to see (what God really wanted) but now he could. Is it possible that both men learned something of the Almighty that day? I don't know for sure whether Balak took Balaam's words to heart, but it seems Balak did. Just goes to show you, its all how you look at something, whether your eyes are open or not. As for the Aurora, well, perhaps it is not only an indicator of the sun's activity, but of future events as well. Who knows? If they keep putting out movies about potential disasters in 2012, maybe more people will actually look up and see more than the sky. Perhaps more than disaster will be understood? Me, I am not making any plans on December 21st in 2012, just to play it safe.