1/6/09

Surprise!

Anything can happen! In high school I was awful at math and science; took Algebra twice and dropped out of Chemistry. Yet I spent almost three decades working in various types of chemistry labs. I remember that in the 8th AND 9th grades when I had to give the terrifying "oral report" that I was so nervous I dropped my notes and in the process tore my pants from the front to the back BOTH TIMES. I can still here the laughter of 13-15 year old girls even after all these years. I took zero's rather do another speech for the rest of my high school days. Yet in 1977 I delivered my first sermon entitled "famous last words" (on the book of 2 Timothy). I graduated from preaching school and to my surprise found that I loved to preach. So, you just never, ever know what is going to happen in life! Consider the following passage from the book of Matthew:
Mat 19:16 And behold, one came and said to him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?
Mat 19:17 And he said to him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
Mat 19:18 He saith to him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
Mat 19:19 Honor thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.
Mat 19:20 The young man saith to him, All these things have I kept from my youth: what lack I yet?
Mat 19:21 Jesus said to him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell what thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.
Mat 19:22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.
Mat 19:23 Then said Jesus to his disciples, Verily I say to you, that a rich man shall with difficulty enter into the kingdom of heaven.
Mat 19:24 And again I say to you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.
Mat 19:25 When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved?
Mat 19:26 But Jesus beheld them, and said to them, With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.
The Webster Bible

When will a rich man get to heaven? When Hell freezes over, that's when! Surprise, its cold out there! God can do ANYTHING!