2/8/09

Your every word...

When I look at this cat I see a look I remember on my daughter's faces when they were very young; this was before boys, before school and sometime after they learned to walk. When we went somewhere they actually wanted to hold my hand and when they wanted something they would say "PLEASE Daddy, PLEEEEEASE!!!!" There was an undefinable trust there, a certain something that bound us together in a way I will never completely understand; they hung on my every word. They learned from both their mother and me, which is as it should be. Listen to how God wants us to teach our children from the book of Deuteronomy:
Deut 6:4-7
4 "Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.
5 You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might.
6 And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart.
7 You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. ESV
Teaching begins with your heart and learning with theirs. When they are listening, teach! The days of intense listening to your every word are few; use them wisely! Now, maybe its time I bought that cat?