10/12/23

Beyond blueprints by Gary Rose

 



Those of you who know me well, are already aware that I quite often think about astronomy. With astronomy on my mind, I recently changed my application menu selector graphic ( that button on the bottom left that accesses applications, settings, etc.. ) on my computer to the picture at the very top. I enjoy this over my previous “stairway to heaven” picture because of its color contrast, progression from darkness to light and of course the end result the Christian will receive at the top of those stairs. Now, I had not really intended to use that ascending billowy staircase today and continued to peruse my stock of pictures. Then I came across the second one. Unfortunately, the original color of this was awful, so I reversed image and much to my surprise, it looked like a blueprint to me. At that point, the advice on the “blueprint” seemed very appropriate to me and so I decided to use both pictures.


Wanting to go beyond mere human advice, I turned to the Bible and found this passage within the book of Micah...


Micah 6 ( World English Bible )


8 
He has shown you, O man, what is good. 
What does Yahweh require of you, but to act justly, 
to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God? 



While I think the “blueprint” is correct, somehow the word of God seemed more meaningful to me. I will probably think about it for the rest of the day.


I hope you will as well.