2/21/12

How do I see lukewarm?

Have you ever turned on the faucet to wash your hands and were startled by the heat?  You know, its one of those days where you are trying to do too many things at once and you didn't pay much attention and hit the hot side by mistake.  I know, I have.  I don't think much about such things, anymore than I think about being hot or cold in my life.  It takes something to impact my mind and wake me up before I go from lukewarm thinking to either excitement or aversion.  I guess a lot of people are like that too, for here is a prime example...

WEB: Revelation of John Chapter 3

[14] “To the angel of the assembly in Laodicea write:

“The Amen, the Faithful and True Witness, the Head of God’s creation, says these things:

[15] “I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were cold or hot. [16] So, because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will vomit you out of my mouth. [17] Because you say, ‘I am rich, and have gotten riches, and have need of nothing;’ and don’t know that you are the wretched one, miserable, poor, blind, and naked; [18] I counsel you to buy from me gold refined by fire, that you may become rich; and white garments, that you may clothe yourself, and that the shame of your nakedness may not be revealed; and eye salve to anoint your eyes, that you may see. [19] As many as I love, I reprove and chasten. Be zealous therefore, and repent. [20] Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, then I will come in to him, and will dine with him, and he with me. [21] He who overcomes, I will give to him to sit down with me on my throne, as I also overcame, and sat down with my Father on his throne. [22] He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the assemblies.”"

The Christians at Laodicea needed to wake up and be excited about what Christ had done for them; they needed to change!  Like many people in the USA, they had plenty of everything and didn't appreciate what Christ had done for them.  They needed to repent!!!  If you do nothing else today, reread this passage from Revelation and ask yourself: Does this apply to me?  This involves a bit of introspection, but YOU ARE WORTH IT!!!  Think about it, you will probably thank me once you do.  I wish considering these things were easy, but they are not.  If we could just turn a knob and see our spiritual condition change from red to blue like the faucet, how easy life would be!!!  In the meantime, we will just have to deal with a red face of embarrassment for now!!!