3/11/12

What does your car run on?


Last night I watched a movie on Netflix about the Amish.  What impressed me was their emphasis on humility in every aspect of life.  It is well known that they prefer to have things done in an old fashion, but I never really tied in the reason for it; humility.  Today, we live in a society that constantly changes; we have new gadgets and ways of doing things almost on a daily basis.  So, when I saw this picture, I thought about the value of change, the picture, the Amish, a story I heard in church and the text of a wonderful sermon I heard this morning...

WEB: I Corinthians Chapter 13

[4] Love is patient and is kind; love doesn’t envy. Love doesn’t brag, is not proud, [5] doesn’t behave itself inappropriately, doesn’t seek its own way, is not provoked, takes no account of evil; [6] doesn’t rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; [7] bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Society changes, but people don't.  All the characteristics listed in this Corinthians passage have been around since man was first created and that HAS NOT CHANGED!!!  During the church service this morning, Bob Dreiling told a story about an Indian elder teaching his grandchildren about life.  He said...Life is like the war of two wolves inside us; one is evil and one is good and the one that is predominate in your life will control your life.  At this point his grandson asked: Which one will win?  The answer was precious... THE ONE YOU FEED.  To all who may read this... FEED THE GOOD ONE AND DO EVERYTHING YOU CAN TO PLEASE GOD.  You will rejoice in heaven that you did this!!!  Those who desire to reach heaven need to "run" on love for it is the only thing that will produce a life that will truly pleases God. It is quite unusual for me to think of so many things at once, but I guess its just God's way of telling me to work on the Corinthian list... and I will!!!!!