9/21/12

Sept. 21 Psalms 89-91


Sept. 21
Psalms 89-91

Psa 89:1 I will sing of the loving kindness of Yahweh forever. With my mouth, I will make known your faithfulness to all generations.
Psa 89:2 I indeed declare, "Love stands firm forever. You established the heavens. Your faithfulness is in them."
Psa 89:3 "I have made a covenant with my chosen one, I have sworn to David, my servant,
Psa 89:4 'I will establish your seed forever, and build up your throne to all generations.' " Selah.
Psa 89:5 The heavens will praise your wonders, Yahweh; your faithfulness also in the assembly of the holy ones.
Psa 89:6 For who in the skies can be compared to Yahweh? Who among the sons of the heavenly beings is like Yahweh,
Psa 89:7 a very awesome God in the council of the holy ones, to be feared above all those who are around him?
Psa 89:8 Yahweh, God of Armies, who is a mighty one, like you? Yah, your faithfulness is around you.
Psa 89:9 You rule the pride of the sea. When its waves rise up, you calm them.
Psa 89:10 You have broken Rahab in pieces, like one of the slain. You have scattered your enemies with your mighty arm.
Psa 89:11 The heavens are yours. The earth also is yours; the world and its fullness. You have founded them.
Psa 89:12 The north and the south, you have created them. Tabor and Hermon rejoice in your name.
Psa 89:13 You have a mighty arm. Your hand is strong, and your right hand is exalted.
Psa 89:14 Righteousness and justice are the foundation of your throne. Loving kindness and truth go before your face.
Psa 89:15 Blessed are the people who learn to acclaim you. They walk in the light of your presence, Yahweh.
Psa 89:16 In your name they rejoice all day. In your righteousness, they are exalted.
Psa 89:17 For you are the glory of their strength. In your favor, our horn will be exalted.
Psa 89:18 For our shield belongs to Yahweh; our king to the Holy One of Israel.
Psa 89:19 Then you spoke in vision to your saints, and said, "I have bestowed strength on the warrior. I have exalted a young man from the people.
Psa 89:20 I have found David, my servant. I have anointed him with my holy oil,
Psa 89:21 with whom my hand shall be established. My arm will also strengthen him.
Psa 89:22 No enemy will tax him. No wicked man will oppress him.
Psa 89:23 I will beat down his adversaries before him, and strike those who hate him.
Psa 89:24 But my faithfulness and my loving kindness will be with him. In my name, his horn will be exalted.
Psa 89:25 I will set his hand also on the sea, and his right hand on the rivers.
Psa 89:26 He will call to me, 'You are my Father, my God, and the rock of my salvation!'
Psa 89:27 I will also appoint him my firstborn, the highest of the kings of the earth.
Psa 89:28 I will keep my loving kindness for him forevermore. My covenant will stand firm with him.
Psa 89:29 I will also make his seed endure forever, and his throne as the days of heaven.
Psa 89:30 If his children forsake my law, and don't walk in my ordinances;
Psa 89:31 if they break my statutes, and don't keep my commandments;
Psa 89:32 then I will punish their sin with the rod, and their iniquity with stripes.
Psa 89:33 But I will not completely take my loving kindness from him, nor allow my faithfulness to fail.
Psa 89:34 I will not break my covenant, nor alter what my lips have uttered.
Psa 89:35 Once have I sworn by my holiness, I will not lie to David.
Psa 89:36 His seed will endure forever, his throne like the sun before me.
Psa 89:37 It will be established forever like the moon, the faithful witness in the sky." Selah.
Psa 89:38 But you have rejected and spurned. You have been angry with your anointed.
Psa 89:39 You have renounced the covenant of your servant. You have defiled his crown in the dust.
Psa 89:40 You have broken down all his hedges. You have brought his strongholds to ruin.
Psa 89:41 All who pass by the way rob him. He has become a reproach to his neighbors.
Psa 89:42 You have exalted the right hand of his adversaries. You have made all of his enemies rejoice.
Psa 89:43 Yes, you turn back the edge of his sword, and haven't supported him in battle.
Psa 89:44 You have ended his splendor, and thrown his throne down to the ground.
Psa 89:45 You have shortened the days of his youth. You have covered him with shame. Selah.
Psa 89:46 How long, Yahweh? Will you hide yourself forever? Will your wrath burn like fire?
Psa 89:47 Remember how short my time is! For what vanity have you created all the children of men!
Psa 89:48 What man is he who shall live and not see death, who shall deliver his soul from the power of Sheol? Selah.
Psa 89:49 Lord, where are your former loving kindnesses, which you swore to David in your faithfulness?
Psa 89:50 Remember, Lord, the reproach of your servants, how I bear in my heart the taunts of all the mighty peoples,
Psa 89:51 With which your enemies have mocked, Yahweh, with which they have mocked the footsteps of your anointed one.
Psa 89:52 Blessed be Yahweh forevermore. Amen, and Amen.
 
Psa 90:1 Lord, you have been our dwelling place for all generations.
Psa 90:2 Before the mountains were brought forth, before you had formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, you are God.
Psa 90:3 You turn man to destruction, saying, "Return, you children of men."
Psa 90:4 For a thousand years in your sight are just like yesterday when it is past, like a watch in the night.
Psa 90:5 You sweep them away as they sleep. In the morning they sprout like new grass.
Psa 90:6 In the morning it sprouts and springs up. By evening, it is withered and dry.
Psa 90:7 For we are consumed in your anger. We are troubled in your wrath.
Psa 90:8 You have set our iniquities before you, our secret sins in the light of your presence.
Psa 90:9 For all our days have passed away in your wrath. We bring our years to an end as a sigh.
Psa 90:10 The days of our years are seventy, or even by reason of strength eighty years; yet their pride is but labor and sorrow, for it passes quickly, and we fly away.
Psa 90:11 Who knows the power of your anger, your wrath according to the fear that is due to you?
Psa 90:12 So teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom.
Psa 90:13 Relent, Yahweh! How long? Have compassion on your servants!
Psa 90:14 Satisfy us in the morning with your loving kindness, that we may rejoice and be glad all our days.
Psa 90:15 Make us glad for as many days as you have afflicted us, for as many years as we have seen evil.
Psa 90:16 Let your work appear to your servants; your glory to their children.
Psa 90:17 Let the favor of the Lord our God be on us; establish the work of our hands for us; yes, establish the work of our hands.
 
Psa 91:1 He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
Psa 91:2 I will say of Yahweh, "He is my refuge and my fortress; my God, in whom I trust."
Psa 91:3 For he will deliver you from the snare of the fowler, and from the deadly pestilence.
Psa 91:4 He will cover you with his feathers. Under his wings you will take refuge. His faithfulness is your shield and rampart.
Psa 91:5 You shall not be afraid of the terror by night, nor of the arrow that flies by day;
Psa 91:6 nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness, nor of the destruction that wastes at noonday.
Psa 91:7 A thousand may fall at your side, and ten thousand at your right hand; but it will not come near you.
Psa 91:8 You will only look with your eyes, and see the recompense of the wicked.
Psa 91:9 Because you have made Yahweh your refuge, and the Most High your dwelling place,
Psa 91:10 no evil shall happen to you, neither shall any plague come near your dwelling.
Psa 91:11 For he will put his angels in charge of you, to guard you in all your ways.
Psa 91:12 They will bear you up in their hands, so that you won't dash your foot against a stone.
Psa 91:13 You will tread on the lion and cobra. You will trample the young lion and the serpent underfoot.
Psa 91:14 "Because he has set his love on me, therefore I will deliver him. I will set him on high, because he has known my name.
Psa 91:15 He will call on me, and I will answer him. I will be with him in trouble. I will deliver him, and honor him.
Psa 91:16 I will satisfy him with long life, and show him my salvation."