9/4/12

Sept. 4 Psalms 36-39


Sept. 4
Psalms 36-39

Psa 36:1 An oracle is within my heart about the disobedience of the wicked: "There is no fear of God before his eyes."
Psa 36:2 For he flatters himself in his own eyes, too much to detect and hate his sin.
Psa 36:3 The words of his mouth are iniquity and deceit. He has ceased to be wise and to do good.
Psa 36:4 He plots iniquity on his bed. He sets himself in a way that is not good. He doesn't abhor evil.
Psa 36:5 Your loving kindness, Yahweh, is in the heavens. Your faithfulness reaches to the skies.
Psa 36:6 Your righteousness is like the mountains of God. Your judgments are like a great deep. Yahweh, you preserve man and animal.
Psa 36:7 How precious is your loving kindness, God! The children of men take refuge under the shadow of your wings.
Psa 36:8 They shall be abundantly satisfied with the abundance of your house. You will make them drink of the river of your pleasures.
Psa 36:9 For with you is the spring of life. In your light shall we see light.
Psa 36:10 Oh continue your loving kindness to those who know you, your righteousness to the upright in heart.
Psa 36:11 Don't let the foot of pride come against me. Don't let the hand of the wicked drive me away.
Psa 36:12 There the workers of iniquity are fallen. They are thrust down, and shall not be able to rise.
Psa 37:1 Don't fret because of evildoers, neither be envious against those who work unrighteousness.
Psa 37:2 For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither like the green herb.
Psa 37:3 Trust in Yahweh, and do good. Dwell in the land, and enjoy safe pasture.
Psa 37:4 Also delight yourself in Yahweh, and he will give you the desires of your heart.
Psa 37:5 Commit your way to Yahweh. Trust also in him, and he will do this:
Psa 37:6 he will make your righteousness go forth as the light, and your justice as the noon day sun.
Psa 37:7 Rest in Yahweh, and wait patiently for him. Don't fret because of him who prospers in his way, because of the man who makes wicked plots happen.
Psa 37:8 Cease from anger, and forsake wrath. Don't fret, it leads only to evildoing.
Psa 37:9 For evildoers shall be cut off, but those who wait for Yahweh shall inherit the land.
Psa 37:10 For yet a little while, and the wicked will be no more. Yes, though you look for his place, he isn't there.
Psa 37:11 But the humble shall inherit the land, and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace.
Psa 37:12 The wicked plots against the just, and gnashes at him with his teeth.
Psa 37:13 The Lord will laugh at him, for he sees that his day is coming.
Psa 37:14 The wicked have drawn out the sword, and have bent their bow, to cast down the poor and needy, to kill those who are upright in the way.
Psa 37:15 Their sword shall enter into their own heart. Their bows shall be broken.
Psa 37:16 Better is a little that the righteous has, than the abundance of many wicked.
Psa 37:17 For the arms of the wicked shall be broken, but Yahweh upholds the righteous.
Psa 37:18 Yahweh knows the days of the perfect. Their inheritance shall be forever.
Psa 37:19 They shall not be disappointed in the time of evil. In the days of famine they shall be satisfied.
Psa 37:20 But the wicked shall perish. The enemies of Yahweh shall be like the beauty of the fields. They will vanish-- vanish like smoke.
Psa 37:21 The wicked borrow, and don't pay back, but the righteous give generously.
Psa 37:22 For such as are blessed by him shall inherit the land. Those who are cursed by him shall be cut off.
Psa 37:23 A man's goings are established by Yahweh. He delights in his way.
Psa 37:24 Though he stumble, he shall not fall, for Yahweh holds him up with his hand.
Psa 37:25 I have been young, and now am old, yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his children begging for bread.
Psa 37:26 All day long he deals graciously, and lends. His seed is blessed.
Psa 37:27 Depart from evil, and do good. Live securely forever.
Psa 37:28 For Yahweh loves justice, and doesn't forsake his saints. They are preserved forever, but the children of the wicked shall be cut off.
Psa 37:29 The righteous shall inherit the land, and live in it forever.
Psa 37:30 The mouth of the righteous talks of wisdom. His tongue speaks justice.
Psa 37:31 The law of his God is in his heart. None of his steps shall slide.
Psa 37:32 The wicked watches the righteous, and seeks to kill him.
Psa 37:33 Yahweh will not leave him in his hand, nor condemn him when he is judged.
Psa 37:34 Wait for Yahweh, and keep his way, and he will exalt you to inherit the land. When the wicked are cut off, you shall see it.
Psa 37:35 I have seen the wicked in great power, spreading himself like a green tree in its native soil.
Psa 37:36 But he passed away, and behold, he was not. Yes, I sought him, but he could not be found.
Psa 37:37 Mark the perfect man, and see the upright, for there is a future for the man of peace.
Psa 37:38 As for transgressors, they shall be destroyed together. The future of the wicked shall be cut off.
Psa 37:39 But the salvation of the righteous is from Yahweh. He is their stronghold in the time of trouble.
Psa 37:40 Yahweh helps them, and rescues them. He rescues them from the wicked, and saves them, Because they have taken refuge in him.
Psa 38:1 Yahweh, don't rebuke me in your wrath, neither chasten me in your hot displeasure.
Psa 38:2 For your arrows have pierced me, your hand presses hard on me.
Psa 38:3 There is no soundness in my flesh because of your indignation, neither is there any health in my bones because of my sin.
Psa 38:4 For my iniquities have gone over my head. As a heavy burden, they are too heavy for me.
Psa 38:5 My wounds are loathsome and corrupt, because of my foolishness.
Psa 38:6 I am pained and bowed down greatly. I go mourning all day long.
Psa 38:7 For my waist is filled with burning. There is no soundness in my flesh.
Psa 38:8 I am faint and severely bruised. I have groaned by reason of the anguish of my heart.
Psa 38:9 Lord, all my desire is before you. My groaning is not hidden from you.
Psa 38:10 My heart throbs. My strength fails me. As for the light of my eyes, it has also left me.
Psa 38:11 My lovers and my friends stand aloof from my plague. My kinsmen stand far away.
Psa 38:12 They also who seek after my life lay snares. Those who seek my hurt speak mischievous things, and meditate deceits all day long.
Psa 38:13 But I, as a deaf man, don't hear. I am as a mute man who doesn't open his mouth.
Psa 38:14 Yes, I am as a man who doesn't hear, in whose mouth are no reproofs.
Psa 38:15 For in you, Yahweh, do I hope. You will answer, Lord my God.
Psa 38:16 For I said, "Don't let them gloat over me, or exalt themselves over me when my foot slips."
Psa 38:17 For I am ready to fall. My pain is continually before me.
Psa 38:18 For I will declare my iniquity. I will be sorry for my sin.
Psa 38:19 But my enemies are vigorous and many. Those who hate me without reason are numerous.
Psa 38:20 They who also render evil for good are adversaries to me, because I follow what is good.
Psa 38:21 Don't forsake me, Yahweh. My God, don't be far from me.
Psa 38:22 Hurry to help me, Lord, my salvation.
Psa 39:1 I said, "I will watch my ways, so that I don't sin with my tongue. I will keep my mouth with a bridle while the wicked is before me."
Psa 39:2 I was mute with silence. I held my peace, even from good. My sorrow was stirred.
Psa 39:3 My heart was hot within me. While I meditated, the fire burned: I spoke with my tongue:
Psa 39:4 "Yahweh, show me my end, what is the measure of my days. Let me know how frail I am.
Psa 39:5 Behold, you have made my days handbreadths. My lifetime is as nothing before you. Surely every man stands as a breath." Selah.
Psa 39:6 "Surely every man walks like a shadow. Surely they busy themselves in vain. He heaps up, and doesn't know who shall gather.
Psa 39:7 Now, Lord, what do I wait for? My hope is in you.
Psa 39:8 Deliver me from all my transgressions. Don't make me the reproach of the foolish.
Psa 39:9 I was mute. I didn't open my mouth, because you did it.
Psa 39:10 Remove your scourge away from me. I am overcome by the blow of your hand.
Psa 39:11 When you rebuke and correct man for iniquity, You consume his wealth like a moth. Surely every man is but a breath." Selah.
Psa 39:12 "Hear my prayer, Yahweh, and give ear to my cry. Don't be silent at my tears. For I am a stranger with you, a foreigner, as all my fathers were.
Psa 39:13 Oh spare me, that I may recover strength, before I go away, and exist no more."