9/5/12

Sept. 5 Psalms 40-42


Sept. 5
Psalms 40-42

Psa 40:1 I waited patiently for Yahweh. He turned to me, and heard my cry.
Psa 40:2 He brought me up also out of a horrible pit, out of the miry clay. He set my feet on a rock, and gave me a firm place to stand.
Psa 40:3 He has put a new song in my mouth, even praise to our God. Many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in Yahweh.
Psa 40:4 Blessed is the man who makes Yahweh his trust, and doesn't respect the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies.
Psa 40:5 Many, Yahweh, my God, are the wonderful works which you have done, and your thoughts which are toward us. They can't be declared back to you. If I would declare and speak of them, they are more than can be numbered.
Psa 40:6 Sacrifice and offering you didn't desire. You have opened my ears. You have not required burnt offering and sin offering.
Psa 40:7 Then I said, "Behold, I have come. It is written about me in the book in the scroll.
Psa 40:8 I delight to do your will, my God. Yes, your law is within my heart."
Psa 40:9 I have proclaimed glad news of righteousness in the great assembly. Behold, I will not seal my lips, Yahweh, you know.
Psa 40:10 I have not hidden your righteousness within my heart. I have declared your faithfulness and your salvation. I have not concealed your loving kindness and your truth from the great assembly.
Psa 40:11 Don't withhold your tender mercies from me, Yahweh. Let your loving kindness and your truth continually preserve me.
Psa 40:12 For innumerable evils have surrounded me. My iniquities have overtaken me, so that I am not able to look up. They are more than the hairs of my head. My heart has failed me.
Psa 40:13 Be pleased, Yahweh, to deliver me. Hurry to help me, Yahweh.
Psa 40:14 Let them be disappointed and confounded together who seek after my soul to destroy it. Let them be turned backward and brought to dishonor who delight in my hurt.
Psa 40:15 Let them be desolate by reason of their shame that tell me, "Aha! Aha!"
Psa 40:16 Let all those who seek you rejoice and be glad in you. Let such as love your salvation say continually, "Let Yahweh be exalted!"
Psa 40:17 But I am poor and needy. May the Lord think about me. You are my help and my deliverer. Don't delay, my God. 
 
Psa 41:1 Blessed is he who considers the poor. Yahweh will deliver him in the day of evil.
Psa 41:2 Yahweh will preserve him, and keep him alive. He shall be blessed on the earth, and he will not surrender him to the will of his enemies.
Psa 41:3 Yahweh will sustain him on his sickbed, and restore him from his bed of illness.
Psa 41:4 I said, "Yahweh, have mercy on me! Heal me, for I have sinned against you."
Psa 41:5 My enemies speak evil against me: "When will he die, and his name perish?"
Psa 41:6 If he comes to see me, he speaks falsehood. His heart gathers iniquity to itself. When he goes abroad, he tells it.
Psa 41:7 All who hate me whisper together against me. They imagine the worst for me.
Psa 41:8 "An evil disease," they say, "has afflicted him. Now that he lies he shall rise up no more."
Psa 41:9 Yes, my own familiar friend, in whom I trusted, who ate bread with me, has lifted up his heel against me.
Psa 41:10 But you, Yahweh, have mercy on me, and raise me up, that I may repay them.
Psa 41:11 By this I know that you delight in me, because my enemy doesn't triumph over me.
Psa 41:12 As for me, you uphold me in my integrity, and set me in your presence forever.
Psa 41:13 Blessed be Yahweh, the God of Israel, from everlasting and to everlasting! Amen and amen. 
 
Psa 42:1 As the deer pants for the water brooks, so my soul pants after you, God.
Psa 42:2 My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When shall I come and appear before God?
Psa 42:3 My tears have been my food day and night, while they continually ask me, "Where is your God?"

Psa 42:4 These things I remember, and pour out my soul within me, how I used to go with the crowd, and led them to the house of God, with the voice of joy and praise, a multitude keeping a holy day.
Psa 42:5 Why are you in despair, my soul? Why are you disturbed within me? Hope in God! For I shall still praise him for the saving help of his presence.
Psa 42:6 My God, my soul is in despair within me. Therefore I remember you from the land of the Jordan, the heights of Hermon, from the hill Mizar.
Psa 42:7 Deep calls to deep at the noise of your waterfalls. All your waves and your billows have swept over me.
Psa 42:8 Yahweh will command his loving kindness in the daytime. In the night his song shall be with me: a prayer to the God of my life.
Psa 42:9 I will ask God, my rock, "Why have you forgotten me? Why do I go mourning because of the oppression of the enemy?"
Psa 42:10 As with a sword in my bones, my adversaries reproach me, while they continually ask me, "Where is your God?"
Psa 42:11 Why are you in despair, my soul? Why are you disturbed within me? Hope in God! For I shall still praise him, the saving help of my countenance, and my God.