10/4/12

Oct. 4 Psalms 131-134


Oct. 4
Psalms 131-134

Psa 131:1 Yahweh, my heart isn't haughty, nor my eyes lofty; nor do I concern myself with great matters, or things too wonderful for me.
Psa 131:2 Surely I have stilled and quieted my soul, like a weaned child with his mother, like a weaned child is my soul within me.
Psa 131:3 Israel, hope in Yahweh, from this time forth and forevermore.
Psa 132:1 Yahweh, remember David and all his affliction,
Psa 132:2 how he swore to Yahweh, and vowed to the Mighty One of Jacob:
Psa 132:3 "Surely I will not come into the structure of my house, nor go up into my bed;
Psa 132:4 I will not give sleep to my eyes, or slumber to my eyelids;
Psa 132:5 until I find out a place for Yahweh, a dwelling for the Mighty One of Jacob."
Psa 132:6 Behold, we heard of it in Ephrathah. We found it in the field of Jaar:
Psa 132:7 "We will go into his dwelling place. We will worship at his footstool.
Psa 132:8 Arise, Yahweh, into your resting place; you, and the ark of your strength.
Psa 132:9 Let your priest be clothed with righteousness. Let your saints shout for joy!"
Psa 132:10 For your servant David's sake, don't turn away the face of your anointed one.
Psa 132:11 Yahweh has sworn to David in truth. He will not turn from it: "I will set the fruit of your body on your throne.
Psa 132:12 If your children will keep my covenant, my testimony that I will teach them, their children also will sit on your throne forevermore."
Psa 132:13 For Yahweh has chosen Zion. He has desired it for his habitation.
Psa 132:14 "This is my resting place forever. Here I will live, for I have desired it.
Psa 132:15 I will abundantly bless her provision. I will satisfy her poor with bread.
Psa 132:16 Her priests I will also clothe with salvation. Her saints will shout aloud for joy.
Psa 132:17 There I will make the horn of David to bud. I have ordained a lamp for my anointed.
Psa 132:18 I will clothe his enemies with shame, but on himself, his crown will be resplendent."
Psa 133:1 See how good and how pleasant it is for brothers to live together in unity!
Psa 133:2 It is like the precious oil on the head, that ran down on the beard, even Aaron's beard; that came down on the edge of his robes;
Psa 133:3 like the dew of Hermon, that comes down on the hills of Zion: for there Yahweh gives the blessing, even life forevermore.
Psa 134:1 Look! Praise Yahweh, all you servants of Yahweh, who stand by night in Yahweh's house!
Psa 134:2 Lift up your hands in the sanctuary. Praise Yahweh!
Psa 134:3 May Yahweh bless you from Zion; even he who made heaven and earth.