11/29/12

A snapshot for the future


Recently, I was in CVS, getting a prescription filled for my wife and on the way out the front door, I remembered I needed to pick up some milk as well. While I was waiting in line, I happened to glance at the EASY SHARE camera on sale behind the counter.  A closer look revealed it was 14 mega pixels, which is a far cry from the 7 mp one I had purchased just a few years ago.  The thing is; the 7 mp camera took fine pictures and I still have it to this day.  So it probably is the same with these old black and white cameras from 1921 in the picture- I imagine they still work (IF you could find the film for them) just as well as they did in 1921.  Cameras are designed to do take pictures and people are make to seek out the will of God and do it.  But, what if one decides to deny or defy their creator?  Here is one example from the Old Testament...

Jeremiah, Chapter 18
 1 The word which came to Jeremiah from Yahweh, saying,  2 Arise, and go down to the potter’s house, and there I will cause you to hear my words.  3 Then I went down to the potter’s house, and behold, he was making a work on the wheels.  4 When the vessel that he made of the clay was marred in the hand of the potter, he made it again another vessel, as seemed good to the potter to make it.  5 Then the word of Yahweh came to me, saying,  6 House of Israel, can’t I do with you as this potter? says Yahweh. Behold, as the clay in the potter’s hand, so are you in my hand, house of Israel.  7 At what instant I shall speak concerning a nation, and concerning a kingdom, to pluck up and to break down and to destroy it;  8 if that nation, concerning which I have spoken, turn from their evil, I will repent of the evil that I thought to do to them. 9 At what instant I shall speak concerning a nation, and concerning a kingdom, to build and to plant it;  10 if they do that which is evil in my sight, that they not obey my voice, then I will repent of the good, with which I said I would benefit them.  11 Now therefore, speak to the men of Judah, and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, saying, Thus says Yahweh: Behold, I frame evil against you, and devise a device against you: return you now everyone from his evil way, and amend your ways and your doings.  12 But they say, It is in vain; for we will walk after our own devices, and we will do everyone after the stubbornness of his evil heart.  13 Therefore thus says Yahweh: Ask now among the nations, who has heard such things; the virgin of Israel has done a very horrible thing. 14 Shall the snow of Lebanon fail from the rock of the field? Shall the cold waters that flow down from afar be dried up?  15 For my people have forgotten me, they have burned incense to false gods; and they have been made to stumble in their ways, in the ancient paths, to walk in byways, in a way not built up;  16 to make their land an astonishment, and a perpetual hissing; everyone who passes thereby shall be astonished, and shake his head.

All nations are comprised of people of all sorts; some seek God and some do not.  But, when any nation rejects God; punishment awaits.  In Jeremiah's time, some listened to the word of God that he proclaimed, but most did not.  The result was disastrous!!! I am sorry to say that America is on a path to destruction, but until the instant of God's judgment, there is still time.  To all who read these words, listen: If God could judge a nation HE LOVED once, HE can do it again.  I know not everyone will listen, but I pray enough will to put our country once again on a Godly path.  Picture it; a country turning from sin and choosing to follow God!!! I don't even care what camera you use; color is unimportant, just the focus of the human heart!!!