3/20/13

From Gary... Oh, to be among the excellent


For Tommy A.



This week I friended an old friend from the Muchachos Drum and Bugle corp of Melrose N.Y..  We haven't seen
one another since about 1965 and although we have both changed considerably, the memories have not.  I have been thinking a lot about those days and the fun we had traveling from place to place doing our M&M (marching and maneuvering) routines.  In retrospect, we were not an A-grade corp-- but did we ever have fun!!!  Discipline, teamwork and friendships were the result!!! An OH, YES, my girlfriend Linda (who became my wife several years later).  So, when I saw this video, I just had to post it!!!  Click on the link below and you will see what I am so excited about...





I wish I knew just one of these drummers - I would ask a thousand questions and re-live my teenage years in the process.  To know just one of them, would be an honor because they are the best I have ever seen anywhere, anytime!!!  Imagine that; to be the very, very best- to be remembered for excellence, now THAT IS SOMETHING VERY MARVELOUS INDEED.  Yet, in today's Bible reading, we have the story of two such individuals....

Exodus, Chapter 35

Exo 35:30 Moses said to the children of Israel, "Behold, Yahweh has called by name Bezalel the son of Uri, the son of Hur, of the tribe of Judah.
Exo 35:31 He has filled him with the Spirit of God, in wisdom, in understanding, in knowledge, and in all manner of workmanship;
Exo 35:32 and to make skillful works, to work in gold, in silver, in brass,
Exo 35:33 in cutting of stones for setting, and in carving of wood, to work in all kinds of skillful workmanship.
Exo 35:34 He has put in his heart that he may teach, both he, and Oholiab, the son of Ahisamach, of the tribe of Dan.
Exo 35:35 He has filled them with wisdom of heart, to work all manner of workmanship, of the engraver, of the skillful workman, and of the embroiderer, in blue, in purple, in scarlet, and in fine linen, and of the weaver, even of those who do any workmanship, and of those who make skillful works. 

      God Called these two men by name and helped them manufacture the tabernacle- God's Earthly dwelling.  These are two men that I will think of more often Bezalel and Ololiab, men of excellence!!!  However, God just called them to do one thing- He has called you and me to be with him forever because he loves us!!!  Now that is excellence indeed!!!