4/20/13

From Gary... Don't pull on your towel


We have been taking care of buddy for two weeks now and he is doing fine.  Last week I gave him a "bath" in the driveway, but Linda said that just wasn't good enough, so this time WE used the large sink in the laundry room.  Much to our surprise, he loved it!!!  But he did NOT love being dried off by the towel.  So, when he was completely dry, he attacked the towel.  Of course, he didn't realize being dried off was a GOOD THING, so being the aggressive little dog that he is-- HE ATTACKED!!!   Sometimes, humans don't know what is good for them either; even the most spiritual among us...


2 Corinthians, Chapter 12
  1 It is doubtless not profitable for me to boast. For I will come to visions and revelations of the Lord.  2 I know a man in Christ, fourteen years ago (whether in the body, I don’t know, or whether out of the body, I don’t know; God knows), such a one caught up into the third heaven.  3 I know such a man (whether in the body, or outside of the body, I don’t know; God knows),  4 how he was caught up into Paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.  5 On behalf of such a one I will boast, but on my own behalf I will not boast, except in my weaknesses.  6 For if I would desire to boast, I will not be foolish; for I will speak the truth. But I refrain, so that no man may think more of me than that which he sees in me, or hears from me. 7 By reason of the exceeding greatness of the revelations, that I should not be exalted excessively, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to torment me, that I should not be exalted excessively.  8 Concerning this thing, I begged the Lord three times that it might depart from me.  9 He has said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Most gladly therefore I will rather glory in my weaknesses, that the power of Christ may rest on me. 


Why do bad things happen to good people?  Sometimes we cause the "bad" by our own foolishness or stupidity, but at other times God is obviously at work in our life to perfect us.  Buddy pulled and pulled and pulled on that towel and tried to "get it" for what it did to him, not realizing that being dry was a "GOOD THING"!!!  As we go through life, look for God's teachings and direction- if you really look, it will amaze you!!!  And just one more thought for today - DON'T PULL ON YOUR TOWEL!!!