4/19/13

From Gary... A new joy


Sometimes, the simplest things in life are the best. You know, a kiss from a very young child, a golden sunset, that first taste of strawberry cheesecake you have been wanting for so, so long.  How about a beautiful big "unpoppable" bubble???  I haven't tried this mixture myself, but I just may do it someday.  Why? Because I remember the pleasure it gave me as a child.  Now, I know I can never be young again, but that doesn't mean I can't have fun and find enjoyment in something or someone.  This thought applies to those who call themselves Christians as well... 

2 Corinthians, Chapter 5
17 Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old things have passed away. Behold, all things have become new. 

Philippians, Chapter 4
1 Therefore, my brothers, beloved and longed for, my joy and crown, so stand firm in the Lord, my beloved. 

Christians have new Joys: First and foremost is pleasing God and second is loving our fellow Christians!!!  OK, we still might blow the occasional bubble as this can be  a joy; especially when it is made from joy dish soap. Oh, yes, kids and dogs are not immune to fun either!!!