4/3/13

From Gary... The tooth murderer




I saw this post from the Christian Chronicle on facebook today and thought you might enjoy it.  Those who have ever taken gas when having a tooth pulled will relate to this big-time!!!  It was interesting to me because Abbie is a student at Oklahoma Christian College and therefore I think its safe to assume that she is a member of the church of Christ.  According to Jimmy Kimmel, this video has gone "viral" and is therefore getting national attention!!!  So, she says some funny things while medicated - so what?  Well, medication is a drug and removes inhibitions.  People let their guard down and you get an insight into who they really are - not just what they pretend to be.  In this case, the innocence and sensitivity she shows is praiseworthy.  Its truly refreshing to see a young person who obviously is a credit to her parents.  I like the way Paul talks about such things, so I have listed this passage from the book of Philippians...

Philippians, Chapter 2
  12  So then, my beloved, even as you have always obeyed, not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.  13 For it is God who works in you both to will and to work, for his good pleasure.  14 Do all things without murmurings and disputes,  15 that you may become blameless and harmless, children of God without defect in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you are seen as lights in the world, 16 holding up the word of life; that I may have something to boast in the day of Christ, that I didn’t run in vain nor labor in vain. 

I probably will never meet this young lady, but I would like to let everyone who reads this know that I pray that she will never lose her innocence and pleasant ways. Think about it; if you can't apply this to yourself, well, there is no time like today to change!!!  And you don't even have to post a video!!!!!