5/24/13

From Gary... The greatest



Yesterday, I did something that I have not done in decades, something stupid; I locked myself out of my house and didn't even have my cell phone with me.  Worse than that, there was an activity of some sort at the clubhouse, so I had to go to five of my neighbors homes before I found one at home.  When I finally gained access to a phone, I just couldn't get though to anyone- answering machines, all.  Later, one of my daughters came to the rescue and as she was leaving, she said jokingly, something like- Aren't I just the best daughter ever?  So, it is with no surprise that I seemed to connect with the picture at the top.  I especially like it because it has a little twist thrown in by the MOM.  Makes me feel right at home, because my wife Linda has been ZINGING ME FOR ABOUT 50 YEARS NOW.  After all this, it is but a very small detour to the follow passage of Scripture...

Luke, Chapter 22
 24 There arose also a contention among them, which of them was considered to be greatest.  25 He said to them, “The kings of the nations lord it over them, and those who have authority over them are called ‘benefactors.’   26  But not so with you. But one who is the greater among you, let him become as the younger, and one who is governing, as one who serves.   27  For who is greater, one who sits at the table, or one who serves? Isn’t it he who sits at the table? But I am in your midst as one who serves.

Humility: easy to understand and hard to do.  Jesus served.  So should we.  Let God be the judge of whether or not we have been successful in our efforts.  Just follow our Savior the best you can and forget about others.  Again, easy to say- and hard to do.  Just try- you will be glad you did!!!

PS.  Thanks for coming over, YOU are a wonderful daughter!!!