6/23/13

From Gary... A "message" from SATAN


This stark message "from SATAN" grabbed my attention today.  It did so because I don't often think of SATAN telling people where they are headed for all eternity.  Why not simply keep them in the dark until it is too late?  So, I think the message of the sign would never happen in real life.  But, if SATAN did have a message for us, what would it be???  This passage from Paul's letter to the Galatian churches seems to give us some clues...

Galatians, Chapter 1
 6  I marvel that you are so quickly deserting him who called you in the grace of Christ to a different “good news”;  7 and there isn’t another “good news.” Only there are some who trouble you, and want to pervert the Good News of Christ.  8 But even though we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you any “good news” other than that which we preached to you, let him be cursed.  9 As we have said before, so I now say again: if any man preaches to you any “good news” other than that which you received, let him be cursed.  10 For am I now seeking the favor of men, or of God? Or am I striving to please men? For if I were still pleasing men, I wouldn’t be a servant of Christ.  11 But I make known to you, brothers, concerning the Good News which was preached by me, that it is not according to man.  12 For neither did I receive it from man, nor was I taught it, but it came to me through revelation of Jesus Christ.  

I see in the passage a message from Satan; his "gospel" message.
 
The Devil's Gospel

1.  A desertion of Christ  vs. 6
2.  A "different good news" vs. 6b and 7
3.  A distorted (perverted)"good news" vs. 7
4.  Any other "good news" that has been preached  vss.  
     8,9
5.  A "good news" that pleases men, not God  vs.10
6.  A "good news" that comes from man  vs. 11
7.  A "good news" received from men  vs.12

The truth is found in Peter's sermon at Penecost (see Acts, chapter 2).  God has given us free will and a mind capable of discerning truth from error.  Satan would never post a sign like the picture at the top because he knows that once we know the truth, most would not like it- and therefore do something about it.  Seek the truth, go to Acts, chapter 2 and both think and act on it.  God is waiting; but for how long, I do not know...

2 Peter, Chapter 3
 9 The Lord is not slow concerning his promise, as some count slowness; but is patient with us, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.