7/28/13

From Gary... The proof of loyalty


Today, my dog Pal peed on the rug.  Needless to say, I was unhappy; especially since I had just taken him out for a long walk and he did his "business" outside, again and again.  So, since he obviously does not have this house training thing down, I will just have to give him a little more supervision.  He will be disciplined in this way until he "gets it".  However, aside from this little hiccup in his life here, he is a great dog.  And one of the most loving creatures I have ever known (and so, by the way is our other dog Buddy).  When I saw the above picture on facebook the other day, I related to it "big time" because this is the way my dogs are with me.  By their actions I know that have great affection for me.  Considering these things, I asked myself the question: How does God really know that I am his disciple?  One way is listed in the following verse...

John, Chapter 8
 31 Jesus therefore said to those Jews who had believed him, “If you remain in my word, then you are truly my disciples.   32  You will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.” 

God's word directs, defines and describes a disciple of Jesus of Nazareth.  The Holy Scriptures lead us into the truth and that truth is genuine freedom.  Freedom bought with the price of the sacrifice of God's CHRIST!!!  There are times when it seems that obeying God's word is a hard thing to do, but in reality- it is NOT!  May God help me and all who read this blog to realize that we need to follow Jesus mentally, emotionally, and as a matter of practicality. We need to be bonded in heart to following God,  just as the pictured dog is bonded to his owner, but MORE!!!  Only, don't sleep on your keyboard- you will break it!!!