8/5/13

From Gary... More beautiful than any moth, butterfly or any dog in the world



Yesterday afternoon, before I left for the evening service, I took the dogs for a walk.  As we walked on the top of the embankment in the dog-walk, there were moths on the top of the taller blades.  I was sorry that I didn't bring my camera, because since it was the day before the grass is mowed, there were MANY, MANY tall blades and their corresponding creatures.  The dogs were in heaven and started to go as fast as I would let them on the uneven ground (I didn't want to fall, you see).  It really was something to see- all those moths taking flight as the animals tried to race through the grass.  I thought of it today when I was looking though my collection of pictures and noticed this one which was labeled "moth". Originally, I had given it the title of butterfly, but it was categorized as a moth from its public domain creator.  I still think it is a butterfly, but it really doesn't matter what it is called.  Beauty is still beauty, whether it be moth or butterfly.  Then I remembered the creation account and what had happened there...

Genesis, Chapter 2
18  Yahweh God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make him a helper comparable to him.”  19 Out of the ground Yahweh God formed every animal of the field, and every bird of the sky, and brought them to the man to see what he would call them. Whatever the man called every living creature became its name.  20 The man gave names to all livestock, and to the birds of the sky, and to every animal of the field; but for man there was not found a helper comparable to him. 21 Yahweh God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep. As the man slept, he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh in its place.  22 Yahweh God made a woman from the rib which had taken from the man, and brought her to the man.  23 The man said, “This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh. She will be called ‘woman,’ because she was taken out of Man.”  24 Therefore a man will leave his father and his mother, and will join with his wife, and they will be one flesh.  

I love both my dogs, but they are NOTHING in comparison to my wife Linda.  She is perfect for me. Sometimes it doesn't seem that way, because she knows what I am going to do before I do it and the same thing applies to what I say, and so - I can't get away with ANYTHING.  She keeps me on my toes, and even now she still continues to surprise me with her insights. I am to glad see does; even though I probably won't tell her so- because that would only encourage her to correct me more than she should.  BUT, to me she is beautiful- and becoming more beautiful by the day. More beautiful than any creature on this Earth, be it butterfly or loving animal.  Why?  Because God made her just for me and HE DOES EXCELLENT WORK!!!

PS.  God really has a sense of humor.  Even though I call both dogs mine, there is a pecking order in my house.  First- food, Next Linda, followed by any other female present and last of all-- ME!!!  So much for them being MY DOGS!!!!  Welcome a new title- CUSTODIAN!!!