8/15/13

From Gary... Testimony from a thumb...





I spent some time and on the net yesterday, looking for pictures and I came across the "Deography" website. The author takes a lot of pictures from Australia and the above pictures of his family are touching.  When my wife was pregnant, we had no idea what the babies were going to be.  We found out when they came out.  I wish we could have known with an ultrasound, as it would have made the whole thing much more enjoyable, but the technology was just not there at that time.  I noticed the ultrasound showed that the baby was sucking its thumb- something that I am sure it did after birth.  And the wonder of it all struck me- and with it, this verse...

Ecclesiastes, Chapter 11
 5 As you don’t know what is the way of the wind, nor how the bones grow in the womb of her who is with child; even so you don’t know the work of God who does all.

Humm, if the child in the womb and the child outside the womb do the same thing, then aren't they the same creature.  To my mind, using labels to change reality is arrogance in the extreme.  A baby is a baby is a baby. You can't make it something else just by calling it by a different name.  Human beings don't know everything (even though some think they do) and some day those whose arrogance have caused the death of the unborn will have to answer for it!!!  I specifically like this passage from the book of Jeremiah:

Jeremiah, Chapter 1
 1 The words of Jeremiah the son of Hilkiah, of the priests who were in Anathoth in the land of Benjamin:  2 to whom Yahweh’s word came in the days of Josiah the son of Amon, king of Judah, in the thirteenth year of his reign.  3 It came also in the days of Jehoiakim the son of Josiah, king of Judah, to the end of the eleventh year of Zedekiah, the son of Josiah, king of Judah, to the carrying away of Jerusalem captive in the fifth month.  4 Now Yahweh’s word came to me, saying,  5 “Before I formed you in the belly, I knew you. Before you came out of the womb, I sanctified you. I have appointed you a prophet to the nations.”  6 Then I said, “Ah, Lord Yahweh! Behold, I don’t know how to speak; for I am a child.” 

  7  But Yahweh said to me, “Don’t say, ‘I am a child;’ for to whoever I shall send you, you shall go, and whatever I shall command you, you shall speak.  8 Don’t be afraid because of them; for I am with you to deliver you,” says Yahweh.  9 Then Yahweh stretched out his hand, and touched my mouth; and Yahweh said to me, “Behold, I have put my words in your mouth.  10 Behold, I have this day set you over the nations and over the kingdoms, to pluck up and to break down and to destroy and to overthrow, to build and to plant.” 

Both passages show that God is at work in the process of the creation of human life and to interfere with what God has ordained (put in order) is to argue with God.  I don't feel brave enough to do that, do you???  If God had a plan for Jeremiah, isn't it possible that God has a plan for you as well?  And if that is true, then how about that one who appears both in the ultrasound and in its mother's arms?  It is a FACT that everyone who supports abortion was once allowed to come to term and live their lives.  Preventing others from having the same God-given blessing is MURDER!!!  BELIEVE IT, BECAUSE ITS TRUE!!!!