9/29/13

From Gary.... The level of Mercury, a gentle breeze and love


Yesterday, I spoke with my Linda, who is recovering from a severe ankle injury.  She mentioned that it was in the 70's in New Jersey and I just smiled and said it about 90 in Florida. I could tell from her voice that she was happy to be out of the heat, and I wish I was there to share the cooler weather with her, but, alas, that doesn't seem to be in the near future.  So, Linda and I talked and though thousands of miles apart, we were close.  She understood how hot Florida can be and I remembered what 70 felt like.  Fellowship; it comes in all temperatures.  Where the heart is- there you will find the commonality that only love can comprehend.  And so we come to this passage from the book of 2 Corinthians...

2 Corinthians, Chapter 1
  3  Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort;  4 who comforts us in all our affliction, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, through the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.  5 For as the sufferings of Christ abound to us, even so our comfort also abounds through Christ.  6 But if we are afflicted, it is for your comfort and salvation. If we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which produces in you the patient enduring of the same sufferings which we also suffer. 

Love, it really does change things.  Perhaps not the physicality of reality, but the perception does change.  To me, for awhile yesterday, I WAS IN NEW JERSEY, enjoying the fall temperatures, talking with the love of my life- and happy.  Today, I am reminded by the elevated mercury of my thermometer, that Florida is reality.  But the memory of those few minutes with my sweetie is like a gentle breeze that changes everything.  I wonder if that is how God feels when we spend time with HIM in PRAYER?  I know that prayer is a soothing aroma ascending to heaven, but I am curious as to whether or not God has a fan directing it towards his face?  If so, that must be some whopping electric bill HE has each month!!!