9/13/13

From Gary... Something more than "flower power"

















I would classify this as a truly magnificent photo!!!  I know, its JUST A FLOWER!!!  But look at the beauty of the thing!!!  The black background makes it "POP" and the colors contrast in such a way as to etch it in your memory (at least it does mine, anyway).  I love it!!! And 
I guess that classifies me as a lover of flowers.  With a last name like "Rose", its hard NOT to think about flowers from time to time. But, as usual, I am rambling, but there is a point to this: YOU ARE WHAT YOU LOVE!!!  The apostle John puts it this way...

1 John, Chapter 2
15  Don’t love the world, neither the things that are in the world. If anyone loves the world, the Father’s love isn’t in him.  16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, isn’t the Father’s, but is the world’s.  17 The world is passing away with its lusts, but he who does God’s will remains forever. 

You are what you love!!!  A statement worth remembering!!!!  Those who love the world and the things in it will pass away, those whose life is spent in obedience to God (through love) will remain forever!!! Quite a contrast there; which is why the picture and John's quotation means so much to me.  I pray that they will mean something to you as well!!!  Now, that's flower power...