11/22/13

From Gary.... White, black, brown, red and yellow- they are just colors

















It has become fashionable for some to play the "Race" card of late.  Personally, I consider this sort of thing offensive.  It seems to me that blacks often call each other racial names and that is "OK"???  Furthermore, I have often seen blacks look down on Hispanics, so- Who is racist when this happens??? Thirty years ago, I worked for Woodbridge Sanitary Pottery in New Jersey (now closed).  They made vitreous china- you know, sinks, lavatories, toilets and the like.  At lunch time, you could go into the cast shop and see many small groups eating lunch;  Japanese, Chinese, Korea, Polish, Russian and Italian were just a few of them.  Each group disliked the others and looked down on them!!!  The place was FULL OF RACISM!!!  This experience taught me that racism is not a "whites only" thing, but encompasses every nationality, all across this globe.  Hatred is always wrong and is a primary tool of Satan (and those humans who choose to follow him), who is trying to destroy ALL RACES!!!  Be aware of this, learn to HATE THIS TRICKERY OF SATAN and at the same time, remember to love everyone- no matter how different they are from you!!!!  Consider these few Scriptures... 

Ephesians, Chapter 4
 11  He gave some to be apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, shepherds and teachers;  12 for the perfecting of the saints, to the work of serving, to the building up of the body of Christ;  13 until we all attain to the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a full grown man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ;  14 that we may no longer be children, tossed back and forth and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in craftiness, after the wiles of error;  15 but speaking truth in love, we may grow up in all things into him, who is the head, Christ;  16 from whom all the body, being fitted and knit together through that which every joint supplies, according to the working in measure of each individual part, makes the body increase to the building up of itself in love.
Galatians, Chapter 3
  26 For you are all children of God, through faith in Christ Jesus.  27 For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.


The love of God changes things; it can change you (if you will let it).  I know, because I am not the same person that I was in the sixties or even the very early seventies, for that matter.  Honestly, the Bible taught me what love was really all about and if you really love- well, HOW CAN YOU POSSIBLY BE A RACIST???  Now, when I was about 23 years old, my life seemed empty (even though I had risen to a supervisory position) and so I was searching for something to give me the yearnings of my heart.  About this time, I met a man named Eugene Searcy, who changed my life.  He gave me a copy of the living bible- which I read through several times in the next couple of years.  Without him caring enough about me to give me his bible- WHERE WOULD I BE TODAY???  So, I often think kindly of him and wonder whatever became of him???  I pray that he is well and that God will richly bless him (wherever he might be).  For, you see, he led me to God's truth and I love him for it!!!!!   And, I forgot to mention.... he is black!!!!!!  These things are true and unadulterated in any way and if they help- then I am one very happy man!!!!  May God help us all to learn to "get along"!!!!!

Your Friend,

Gary