12/15/13

From Gary... Flowers, time and blessing




























Last April, my granddaughter Elizabeth and I went on a "photoshoot".  It was late afternoon and we were just riding around looking for an opportunity to snap a few "good ones".  She asked me to stop and this picture is the result.  I like it because it shows the beauty of the flowers as well as the advancement of the day.  Eight months later, I imagine that those flowers are gone, but the memory lingers.  In just a few short months, "Lizzie" seems to have grown up.  I was pleasantly surprised to learn that she is selling some of her work on "Fine Art America".  And she has not even reached her 15th birthday.  How fast things change.  Reminds me of something Jesus said...

Matthew, Chapter 6
27  “Which of you, by being anxious, can add one moment  to his lifespan?   28  Why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow. They don’t toil, neither do they spin,   29  yet I tell you that even Solomon in all his glory was not dressed like one of these.   30  But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today exists, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, won’t he much more clothe you, you of little faith?

We are finite creatures: we are born, grow up, grow old and die.  We all have necessities that need to be met and somehow God has always provided what I really need.  He must think that I need a lot of "good memories", because I have so many of them.  Elizabeth's contribution to that body of treasure has many facets to it, photography being the latest development.  Now, I don't know what the future may hold for me, but if my past is any indication, then what started as a life out of focus has gradually become crystal clear.  God will do what He has always done, of that I am quite sure!!!  The thing is... I just don't understand WHY I have blessed as much as I have been.  Maybe the flowers know?  But they aren't talking!!!



PS.  You can see some of Elizabeth's photos at this link:

http://fineartamerica.com/art/all/elizabeth+merwin/all