1/29/14

From Gary... BEYOND THE HIGHEST HEIGHTS... and then there is God




http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17jymDn0W6U

The weather this year is crazy, isn't it?  I noticed some pictures my friend Eric Cantin posted on facebook today- pictures of SNOW in FLORIDA!!!   This morning on my usual "dog walk", I was greeted by a cool, humid, drizzle. Yuk!!!  Where are the sunny skies, the warm temperatures- after all- this IS FLORIDA!!!  But, after a moment, I put things back into perspective.  Below zero temperatures in my native up-state New York, so a little rain and some coolness are really NO BIG DEAL!!!  Then, I saw this picture of mount Everest and thought of the following video that my friend Bruce Arnold sent me some time ago.  Talk about perspective!!!! This naturally brought me once again to one of my favorite passages of Scripture....
 
Psalm 8
 1  Yahweh, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth,
who has set your glory above the heavens!
  2 From the lips of babes and infants you have established strength,
because of your adversaries, that you might silence the enemy and the avenger.
  3 When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers,
the moon and the stars, which you have ordained;
  4 what is man, that you think of him?
What is the son of man, that you care for him?
  5 For you have made him a little lower than God,
and crowned him with glory and honor.
  6 You make him ruler over the works of your hands.
You have put all things under his feet:
  7 All sheep and cattle,
yes, and the animals of the field,
  8 The birds of the sky, the fish of the sea,
and whatever passes through the paths of the seas.
  9 Yahweh, our Lord,
how majestic is your name in all the earth!

Human beings can do all sorts of marvellous things; from treatment of diseases to erecting monumental buildings and even setting foot on another world.  Humans rule!!!  But they in turn are ruled, for there is one greater.  So great in fact that HIS GREATNESS IS BEYOND COMPREHENSION!!!   Look, look to the heavens to see HIS MAGNIFICENCE and then look inside yourself.  What a difference!!!  Today, find some "extra time" to spend in prayer thanking HIM for WHO HE IS and WHAT HE HAS DONE FOR US!!!  When you finish, you will NOT BE THE SAME!!!