1/5/14

From Gary... Listen, learn, and wait






















Have you ever been in the position of just not knowing what to do next?  Wait for God to show you the way. Easy to say, hard to do.  With practice, you can do it, just try!!!  How?  Through God's word of course.  Here is an excerpt from the 119th Psalm for insight...

Psalm 119

HEY

 33 Teach me, Yahweh, the way of your statutes.

I will keep them to the end.
  34 Give me understanding, and I will keep your law.
Yes, I will obey it with my whole heart.
  35 Direct me in the path of your commandments,
for I delight in them.
  36 Turn my heart toward your statutes,
not toward selfish gain.
  37 Turn my eyes away from looking at worthless things.
Revive me in your ways.
  38 Fulfill your promise to your servant,
that you may be feared.
  39 Take away my disgrace that I dread,
for your ordinances are good.
  40 Behold, I long for your precepts!
Revive me in your righteousness.

Psalm 119 is divided by the letters of the Hebrew alphabet for memorization purposes.  So, these verses are meant to be thought of as one.  In them, we are to long for God's word more than our own desires and look for The Almighty's work in our lives.  But, what stands out to me the most is our attitude toward HIM. If we desire to learn, we will eventually be guided.  So, listen, learn and wait; you won't be in the hallway forever!!!