1/30/14

From Gary... What God can see in YOU


I watched the state of the union address the other day in disbelief. Lies, distortions, cognitive disconnects (something new I learned the other day: saying two opposing comments in the same context).  Or as the Indians in the 50's westerns used to say: White man speaks with forked tongue).  As I watched, I realized that I was viewing a radical change for the United States of America.  We now have a President who thinks he can bypass congress and with the stroke of a pen or a phone call; in my mind this changes his status from President to dictator.  And our spineless representatives allow this person to remain in office????  Yet amid this disheartening news, I realized that God can use even this horrible person to do his will.  The proof of this is found in the Scriptures in the examples of Jacob (the supplanter) and Nathanael.  There are many others, but just these two will do.

Genesis, Chapter 28
 10  Jacob went out from Beersheba, and went toward Haran.  11 He came to a certain place, and stayed there all night, because the sun had set. He took one of the stones of the place, and put it under his head, and lay down in that place to sleep.  12 He dreamed. Behold, a stairway set upon the earth, and its top reached to heaven. Behold, the angels of God ascending and descending on it. 13 Behold, Yahweh stood above it, and said, “I am Yahweh, the God of Abraham your father, and the God of Isaac. The land whereon you lie, to you will I give it, and to your seed.  14 Your seed will be as the dust of the earth, and you will spread abroad to the west, and to the east, and to the north, and to the south. In you and in your seed will all the families of the earth be blessed.  15 Behold, I am with you, and will keep you, wherever you go, and will bring you again into this land. For I will not leave you, until I have done that which I have spoken of to you.” 


John, Chapter 1
45 Philip found Nathanael, and said to him, “We have found him, of whom Moses in the law, and the prophets, wrote: Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph.” 

  46  Nathanael said to him, “Can any good thing come out of Nazareth?” 

Philip said to him, “Come and see.” 

  47  Jesus saw Nathanael coming to him, and said about him, “Behold, an Israelite indeed, in whom is no deceit!” 

  48  Nathanael said to him, “How do you know me?” 

Jesus answered him, “Before Philip called you, when you were under the fig tree, I saw you.” 

  49  Nathanael answered him, “Rabbi, you are the Son of God! You are King of Israel!” 
  50  Jesus answered him, “Because I told you, ‘I saw you underneath the fig tree,’ do you believe? You will see greater things than these!”   51 He said to him, “Most certainly, I tell you, hereafter you will see heaven opened, and the angels of God ascending and descending on the Son of Man.”


Jacob was not a very nice person, but God thought enough of him to change his name to Israel.  Nathanael was one very prejudiced person (“Can any good thing come out of Nazareth?”) comes to mind.  The point is: God sees who you really are and will work with you in ways that are beyond your understanding!!!  Jacob (later Israel) did in fact follow God and so did Nathanael (I really like verse 49, above because he was willing to change his mind very quickly, when confronted by Jesus).  God had a unique relationship with both Jacob and Nathanael.  Something like the relationship the author of the above picture must have with its intended recipient. And this applies to both you and me as well. Let me repeat this again: ...God sees who you really are and will work with you in ways that are beyond your understanding!!!  


Father in heaven: 

Please work on President Barak Hussein Obama's heart to bring it into compliance with your Word!!!  Please, LORD, before this country is beyond restoration.  Thank you for listening!!!!