2/22/14

From Gary... Beyond emoticons...


I was watching the news this morning and on one of the "morning" shows there was a discussion about how dogs understand human beings. I knew this already, because my dogs can tell what is going on by my voice- whether is loud or soft, quick or slow, happy or sad, etc.. And then I came upon this picture in my collection.  Things have surely changed since I was young; emoticons, texting, blogging and other new technologies have intensified our ability to communicate. I wonder what could possibly be next???  Well, how about something very, very old....

Romans, Chapter 8
 22 For we know that the whole creation groans and travails in pain together until now.  23 Not only so, but ourselves also, who have the first fruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for adoption, the redemption of our body.  24 For we were saved in hope, but hope that is seen is not hope. For who hopes for that which he sees?  25 But if we hope for that which we don’t see, we wait for it with patience.  26 In the same way, the Spirit also helps our weaknesses, for we don’t know how to pray as we ought. But the Spirit himself makes intercession for us with groanings which can’t be uttered.  27 He who searches the hearts knows what is on the Spirit’s mind, because he makes intercession for the saints according to God.

God knows our heart better than even we do, ourselves!!!  Beyond symbolism, HE knows our thoughts, intents and reasons for everything we do. The Spiritually indwelt human being is in tune with God and there is a level of communication there that is truly impossible to communicate with mere words. Even emoticons, or some sort of sophisticated typographic writing or a lie detector test can not analyse the human heart- only God can!!!  The creator of the universe chose to humble himself and live in this world as one of us, so I KNOW HE UNDERSTANDS me!!!  I just wish I could dream up an emoticon TO EXPRESS THAT!!!  And then there is John 3:16!!! Finis!!!!