2/15/14

From Gary... Different for a reason...


Last night about 9pm, I took my dogs for their last walk of the day.  Half way there, I realized that I was all bundled up. No big deal- except THIS IS FLORIDA!!!!  Over the last decade I have become accustomed to the warmer temperatures and now when the the thermometer hits the 40's, I bundle up.  And so, when I saw this picture, I thought- so what, we are all different. Consider the following passage from the book of 1st Corinthians...

1 Corinthians, Chapter 12
 27  Now you are the body of Christ, and members individually.  28 God has set some in the assembly: first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then miracle workers, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, and various kinds of languages.  29 Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Are all miracle workers?  30 Do all have gifts of healings? Do all speak with various languages? Do all interpret?

We are different; it is for a reason- God's reason!!!  Besides, if we were all the same... what would we do in a world with 8 billion people named ROSE, anyway????  From my perspective, one of me is more than enough.