3/7/14

From Gary... The color of a heart


 




 All the same picture, starting with the top left, first, I darkened it (top right) and then lightened it (bottom). Why? To show that even the same expression, when seen from a different perspective gives a slightly different message. Our understanding of what it is trying to communicate changes ever-so-slightly with each minute alteration. Apply this concept to our perception of the Almighty and then consider this Bible passage...

1 Corinthians, Chapter 2
  7 But we speak God’s wisdom in a mystery, the wisdom that has been hidden, which God foreordained before the worlds for our glory,  8 which none of the rulers of this world has known. For had they known it, they wouldn’t have crucified the Lord of glory.  9 But as it is written, 
“Things which an eye didn’t see, and an ear didn’t hear,
which didn’t enter into the heart of man,
these God has prepared for those who love him.”
 
  10  But to us, God revealed them through the Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God.  11 For who among men knows the things of a man, except the spirit of the man, which is in him? Even so, no one knows the things of God, except God’s Spirit.  12 But we received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit which is from God, that we might know the things that were freely given to us by God.

If a picture be understood differently by the mere alteration of a little light, imagine what a little sin can do to our understanding of God?  Paul gives an illustration of this from personal experience...

Acts, Chapter 26
12  “Whereupon as I traveled to Damascus with the authority and commission from the chief priests,  13 at noon, O king, I saw on the way a light from the sky, brighter than the sun, shining around me and those who traveled with me.  14 When we had all fallen to the earth, I heard a voice saying to me in the Hebrew language, ‘Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me? It is hard for you to kick against the goads.’ 

  15  “I said, ‘Who are you, Lord?’ 

“He said, ‘I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting.   16  But arise, and stand on your feet, for I have appeared to you for this purpose: to appoint you a servant and a witness both of the things which you have seen, and of the things which I will reveal to you;   17 delivering you from the people, and from the Gentiles, to whom I send you,   18  to open their eyes, that they may turn from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive remission of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in me.’

The original picture just shows a smile and we may wonder what she is thinking, but in actuality, that knowledge is between her and God. However, it seems clear to me that WHAT she is thinking is a reflection what her life is like. Is it encumbered and darkened by sin or freed and illuminated by the light of life? If that is true of her, it follows that it also applies to us as well. Just think about it, OK? - I will...