3/1/14

From Gary... Pregnancy, foolishness and male "knowledge"

I chuckled when I read this today.  I suppose someone was trying to be "cute" and impart "knowledge" concerning the gentle sex. Even though there is some truth in some of the things above, there is more humor than truth.  No, perhaps the word humor could be better replaced with folly- you know, the "wisdom" of a fool.  And so, I come once again to the Scriptures for an associated concept...

1 Corinthians, Chapter 3
 18 Let no one deceive himself. If anyone thinks that he is wise among you in this world, let him become a fool, that he may become wise.  19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, “He has taken the wise in their craftiness.”  20 And again, “The Lord knows the reasoning of the wise, that it is worthless.”

I am unsure as how to best express this so I will just take a stab at it... men do not understand women (and we never will). To say otherwise is foolishness. Like so many things in this world we think we "know" things and know nothing. Remember being told that margarine was better than butter or that coffee would stunt your growth. And what about all those medicines advertised on TV that have LONG descriptions of harmful side effects? Today, I am going to focus on simplicity and start with my own perception of what I should really know. I think I will begin with the Bible...