4/11/14

From Gary.... I have...


I was reminded today of the true value of things as compared to the joy of love. Don't get me wrong- I enjoy having possessions, but after looking at this picture, suddenly I once again became aware of the importance of love in life.  As far as money goes, here are a couple of passages from the New Testament...

1 Timothy, Chapter 6
  6  But godliness with contentment is great gain.  7 For we brought nothing into the world, and we certainly can’t carry anything out.  8 But having food and clothing, we will be content with that.  9 But those who are determined to be rich fall into a temptation and a snare and many foolish and harmful lusts, such as drown men in ruin and destruction. 10 For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some have been led astray from the faith in their greed, and have pierced themselves through with many sorrows. 

Hebrews, Chapter 13
 5  Be free from the love of money, content with such things as you have, for he has said, “I will in no way leave you, neither will I in any way forsake you.”  6 So that with good courage we say, 
“The Lord is my helper. I will not fear.
What can man do to me?”

No matter how little you may have in this world, if you are loved- then you are rich beyond compare!!!!