4/17/14

From Gary... Impossible?




https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjHnWz3EyHs

Click on the above link!!! You will be very glad you did!!! Why? Because after you do, you will probably realize like I did that in reality- NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!!!  Sounds like I am exaggerating, doesn't it, but I am not!!!!  After viewing this, my day seemed brighter (even though it is cloudy today) and suddenly the future in my "old age" seemed more positive!!!!!!  And positive people often do AMAZING THINGS!!!! Here a Biblical reference to just the sort of person I am referring to...

Joshua, Chapter 14
 6  Then the children of Judah drew near to Joshua in Gilgal. Caleb the son of Jephunneh the Kenizzite said to him, “You know the thing that Yahweh spoke to Moses the man of God concerning me and concerning you in Kadesh Barnea.  7 I was forty years old when Moses the servant of Yahweh sent me from Kadesh Barnea to spy out the land. I brought him word again as it was in my heart.  8 Nevertheless, my brothers who went up with me made the heart of the people melt; but I wholly followed Yahweh my God.  9 Moses swore on that day, saying, ‘Surely the land where you walked shall be an inheritance to you and to your children forever, because you have wholly followed Yahweh my God.’ 

  10  “Now, behold, Yahweh has kept me alive, as he spoke, these forty-five years, from the time that Yahweh spoke this word to Moses, while Israel walked in the wilderness. Now, behold, I am eighty-five years old, today.  11 As yet I am as strong today as I was in the day that Moses sent me: as my strength was then, even so is my strength now for war, to go out and to come in.  12 Now therefore give me this hill country, of which Yahweh spoke in that day; for you heard in that day how the Anakim were there, and great and fortified cities. It may be that Yahweh will be with me, and I shall drive them out, as Yahweh spoke.” 

 13  Joshua blessed him; and he gave Hebron to Caleb the son of Jephunneh for an inheritance.  14 Therefore Hebron became the inheritance of Caleb the son of Jephunneh the Kenizzite to this day; because he wholly followed Yahweh, the God of Israel.  15 Now the name of Hebron before was Kiriath Arba, after the greatest man among the Anakim.
 
 
Of all the adult multitude that left Egypt, only Joshua and Caleb entered the promised land. These two had faith unlike the others who were sent to reconoiter God's promised possession, even when they saw the giants (the Anakim) who dwelt there. And God rewarded both of them with long life and strength in their GOLDEN YEARS!!! And even in his old age, Caleb's faith could overcome even the Anakim  (see verses 13-15). 

Not 19, 45 or even 60 any more? There is hope, there is a future that can be full of success- have faith and do what you need to do and you will be blessed by the creator!!!  Not enough incentive?  I can only tell you that at 40 years of age I was broke and deeply in debt, but next month I turn 65 and God has provided everything I really need and more. Don't get me wrong- I am NOT RICH by any definition, but I am happy and doing things I never thought I was capable of doing.  If a 79 year old woman can dance and an old man can slay giants, I can only imagine what you can do??? So, do that which seems impossible and let others marvel at the power of God working in you!!!!