4/10/14

From Gary... Is that you, God?









Terri Justice sent me this picture yesterday.  Looks like an advertising slogan, and if so, it did what it was supposed to do- made me think!!!  Naturally, I wondered, "who is speaking to me"?  And the thought occurred to me- what if it was God? If so, why would he say such a thing???  Also, has God ever done this before?  The answer is a resounding YES and it is confirmed by the apostle James...

James, Chapter 2
  14  What good is it, my brothers, if a man says he has faith, but has no works? Can faith save him?  15 And if a brother or sister is naked and in lack of daily food,  16 and one of you tells them, “Go in peace, be warmed and filled”; and yet you didn’t give them the things the body needs, what good is it?  17 Even so faith, if it has no works, is dead in itself.  18 Yes, a man will say, “You have faith, and I have works.” Show me your faith without works, and I by my works will show you my faith. 

  19  You believe that God is one. You do well. The demons also believe, and shudder. 20 But do you want to know, vain man, that faith apart from works is dead?  21 Wasn’t Abraham our father justified by works, in that he offered up Isaac his son on the altar? 22 You see that faith worked with his works, and by works faith was perfected;  23 and the Scripture was fulfilled which says, “Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him as righteousness”; and he was called the friend of God.  24 You see then that by works, a man is justified, and not only by faith.

Abraham was called the "the friend of God" because his faith and his works showed his true friendship towards the ALMIGHTY!!! Further, the patriarch became the "friend of God" because he obeyed.  And not just a little order, either!!!  Considering this, I find it mind boggling that people often can take or leave what the Bible tells them what to do in order to be with HIM forever.  If you think I am exaggerating, then go to Acts 2:38 and ask yourself why people say that you are NOT saved at baptism? Need more? Consider Titus 3:3-5; 1 Peter 3:21 and Romans 6:1-11. Still not enough? OK, Matthew 28:18-20 and Mark 16:15-16.  I know this will make you do some work, but it is worth the effort.  Who knows... God could say "Hello Friend" to you- this very day!!!