5/23/14

From Gary... A sheep, a serpent and a dove???


I am old, but if I was given the chance, I wonder... would I want to be a kid again (in today's culture). Children are forced to grow up all too quickly.  And, frankly, I don't think that is a good thing.  Kids have to know a lot before they even enter kindergarten and from then on, the pressure to know more, be more grown up and think like an adult must be overwhelming.  But, what are they really learning? Godly things or something else??? What advice would YOU give your children as they venture beyond home?  Jesus says...

Matthew, Chapter 10
Mat 10:16  "Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves. 

Shrewd and innocent at the same time; humm... interesting!!! Even though Jesus said this to adults, applications to young adults is quite obvious.  Do the best you can to expose your children to Biblical truth and then remember to tell them of this verse; you will be doing them a favor!!!  And be sure to help them do something LEGAL to earn spending money while they are growing up!!!

PS. And NO, I WOULD NOT WANT TO BE A KID AGAIN!!!