5/14/14

From Gary... Vistas, contemplation and absolutes


























Sometimes, it is a good thing just to stop and THINK!!!  How easy it is to get wrapped up in the humdrum, day-to-day things we just HAVE to do and NOT consider who we are and where our lives are headed!!!  I know, it is often difficult to do, but it is necessary. Places like the mountain in the picture above make it easy, as splendid vista's seem to bring on the reflective side of us. And what to we consider in such moments? Bills, our IRA's, or mortgage payments... I don't think so.  We take a wider view; something like the one in the following Corinthian passage... 

1 Corinthians, Chapter 13 (NASB)
1Co 13:1  If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.
1Co 13:2  If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.
1Co 13:3  And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned, but do not have love, it profits me nothing.
1Co 13:4  Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant,
1Co 13:5  does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered,
1Co 13:6  does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth;
1Co 13:7  bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
1Co 13:8  Love never fails; but if there are gifts of prophecy, they will be done away; if there are tongues, they will cease; if there is knowledge, it will be done away.
1Co 13:9  For we know in part and we prophesy in part;
1Co 13:10  but when the perfect comes, the partial will be done away.
1Co 13:11  When I was a child, I used to speak like a child, think like a child, reason like a child; when I became a man, I did away with childish things.
1Co 13:12  For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face; now I know in part, but then I will know fully just as I also have been fully known.
1Co 13:13  But now faith, hope, love, abide these three; but the greatest of these is love.

If you think about positive things, your life will be enriched- if not, then realize that negativity will breed negativity.  Also consider- If you contemplate on the most perfect things, then your life will be not only enriched, but perfected!!!  Love is but one example of this concept. I wonder what would happen if thoughts of perfect discipline, understanding, faithfulness and the like were a daily goal.  In other words, what would your life be like if you daily meditated on the perfections of GOD??? It seems to me that verse 13 above would be the beginning of your growth and not the END!!!  Now, THERE IS A VISTA FOR YOU!!!!