7/12/14

From Gary... Over-thinking life

Long ago, I remember learning about a triangle of needs by Maslow, but today things are different- or are they?  Consider his heirarchy...


Different, aren't they???  But I wonder, was does the Bible say about this? and then I remembered these to passages...







Philippians, Chapter 4 (NASB)
Php 4:9  The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.
Php 4:10  But I rejoiced in the Lord greatly, that now at last you have revived your concern for me; indeed, you were concerned before, but you lacked opportunity.
Php 4:11  Not that I speak from want, for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am.
Php 4:12  I know how to get along with humble means, and I also know how to live in prosperity; in any and every circumstance I have learned the secret of being filled and going hungry, both of having abundance and suffering need.
Php 4:13  I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.
Php 4:14  Nevertheless, you have done well to share with me in my affliction.
Php 4:15  You yourselves also know, Philippians, that at the first preaching of the gospel, after I left Macedonia, no church shared with me in the matter of giving and receiving but you alone;
Php 4:16  for even in Thessalonica you sent a gift more than once for my needs.
Php 4:17  Not that I seek the gift itself, but I seek for the profit which increases to your account.
Php 4:18  But I have received everything in full and have an abundance; I am amply supplied, having received from Epaphroditus what you have sent, a fragrant aroma, an acceptable sacrifice, well-pleasing to God.
Php 4:19  And my God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.


1 Timothy, Chapter 6 (NASB)

1Ti 6:6  But godliness actually is a means of great gain when accompanied by contentment.
1Ti 6:7  For we have brought nothing into the world, so we cannot take anything out of it either.
1Ti 6:8  If we have food and covering, with these we shall be content.
1Ti 6:9  But those who want to get rich fall into temptation and a snare and many foolish and harmful desires which plunge men into ruin and destruction.
1Ti 6:10  For the love of money is a root of all sorts of evil, and some by longing for it have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.

For the Christian, there is really no triangle of priorities; just a circle.  In it would be the following: LOVE GOD- and do what you like!!!  Enough said!!!!