7/11/14

From Gary... SONSHINE


This picture brings a flood of memories to my mind. Our first house was in Valley Falls and had a beautiful sun porch a bit bigger than this.  Since we were located on a hill, there was a vista associated with the porch and I fondly recall the time I spent gazing through all those windows (there were at least two more banks in the lengthwise direction).  The things I saw though those panes are still in my mind- even after 30 years. And the brightness of the picture reminded me of the morning views I enjoyed (the windows had a South-Easterly orientation).  Naturally, I associate the following from the book of John with this...

John, Chapter 8 (NASB)
Joh 8:12  Then Jesus again spoke to them, saying, "I am the Light of the world; he who follows Me will not walk in the darkness, but will have the Light of life."

We spent many years in that wonderful little house and while living there I decided to become a Christian. We are old now, but inside I still feel young; especially when I remember how Jesus, as the light of my life has changed things. Drinking, smoking, bad language (and I mean really, really bad) are gone from my life and its all due to the light of the world (Jesus) who really does change people.  Remember this, the next time you look out a window into the bright sunshine (or should I say SONSHINE). God can change you too!!!!