8/15/14

From Gary... In a flash


Yesterday was a tough day; I started working with the computer, but before long my neck hurt so bad that I found a home in the recliner for several hours. Needless to say- no blog post for Thursday! The upside was that I felt so rotten that I went to bed early, hoping that a good nights' rest would solve the problem.  Well, I had very pleasant dreams- until a very bright flash of light awakened me from a sound sleep. Just like that- Hello Friday!!!  It was the suddenness of it that hit me (and my dog BUDDY [who didn't stop shaking for an hour])!!!  With all the news of evil in the world recently, I couldn't help but wonder how long it would be before Christ returns and everything is settled once and for all...

Matthew 24:27-31 NASB
(27)  "For just as the lightning comes from the east and flashes even to the west, so will the coming of the Son of Man be.
(28)  "Wherever the corpse is, there the vultures will gather.
(29)  "But immediately after the tribulation of those days THE SUN WILL BE DARKENED, AND THE MOON WILL NOT GIVE ITS LIGHT, AND THE STARS WILL FALL from the sky, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken.
(30)  "And then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the SON OF MAN COMING ON THE CLOUDS OF THE SKY with power and great glory.
(31)  "And He will send forth His angels with A GREAT TRUMPET and THEY WILL GATHER TOGETHER His elect from the four winds, from one end of the sky to the other.

No, I am not going to argue about this, just express my desire that it happens soon. Whatever it will be like- it will be quite (to be sure)!!!  Might I dare to say- "In a FLASH"!!!!!