8/20/14

From Gary... Put the fire back in fire rainbow


Today, an old friend of mine (Thomas Aldrich, from the mid sixties) posted this picture on facebook. Now, I know that I have posted pictures of fire rainbows before and honestly I thought I had posted this one.  But, after searching though the posts on this blog- it was nowhere to be found!!!  The thing is- I remember Thomas' comments about it; how that it was something that he had never seen before (and I hope I am quoting him correctly, when I say this) and how beautiful it was. MY FIRST THOUGHT WHEN I SAW THIS- well, I have seen this; done that.  Then, something "clicked" in me and I realized that I had lost that sense of amazement for the seer wondrous beauty of it. Then I wondered, do I feel the same way about God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit and the church.  Is there a remnant of the excitement I first had when I became a Christian? Consider these three verses from the book of Psalms and ask yourself- Have I put the fire back in the fire rainbow of my faith?????
 
Psalms 51:10-12 NASB
(10)  Create in me a clean heart, O God, And renew a steadfast spirit within me.
(11)  Do not cast me away from Your presence And do not take Your Holy Spirit from me.
(12)  Restore to me the joy of Your salvation And sustain me with a willing spirit.

LORD, give us the capacity to see beauty both around us coupled with the understanding of what it means to be a Christian!!!  Let us look at the world with new eyes to see and new ears to hear. Help us never to be dull in our understanding of YOU or YOUR WORD!!! And let these words from the 51st Psalm echo in our lives.  And please, give us more fire when we see rainbows!!!!