9/6/14

From Gary... Being the proper kind of hater



I remember a conversation with a supervisor in which he called me names because I said that I hated evil. In his way of thinking, to hate at all proved that you were a hypocrite, bigoted, stupid and a poor example of a Christian.  Well, the LORD hates and some things should be hated...

Proverbs 6:16-19 NASB
(16)  There are six things which the LORD hates, Yes, seven which are an abomination to Him:
(17)  Haughty eyes, a lying tongue, And hands that shed innocent blood,
(18)  A heart that devises wicked plans, Feet that run rapidly to evil,
(19)  A false witness who utters lies, And one who spreads strife among brothers.
People can say a lot of things, that does not make them right. As for me, I intend to go right on hating evil.  I admit, sometimes it is extremely hard to care for those practising it, but who ever said following God was easy.  Hate evil and love the good. Forgive and try to understand others. God did, does and always will. Remember Jesus?