9/5/14

From Gary... What fits, fits!


This is a picture of a Bible that I purchased a few months ago.  It is big and very heavy, so I use a reading stand. In case you are wondering... I bought it from EvangelicalBible.com and it was expensive, but worth every penny!!!  I enjoy the 11 point print,  the cross references at the bottom and the very low amount of text bleed through. The NASB 1995 is both literal and easy for me to understand. Oh, yes; it is called a Quentel (named after Peter Quentel, who was John Tyndale's Bible publisher) and published by Schuyler of Virginia. Over the years, I have owned many Bibles and this one I would rate in the top three.  It ranks right up there with Cambridge Bibles and that is saying something!!! I have said all this, not to get you to buy one (although that might be a good choice to make) but rather to encourage you to be very careful in whatever Bible you may buy in the future. Why? Because if you make the right choice for you, then you may just read more and study more.  As the Scripture says...

2 Timothy 2:15 NASB
(15)  Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth.

In case you are wondering, the other two Bibles were both NASB; one was a gift that I used for over twenty years (a 1977 version, which I eventually had to have rebound) and the other one was a Cambridge note-takers Bible purchased earlier this year.  I briefly hesitated to write this post, in the fear that it might sound like a commercial, but when I see a good thing, I want to share it with others.  And who knows... the next time you pick up your Bible (whatever version, style or price range) you just might read something that will change your life!!!


PS. The first Bible I read all the way through was also a gift. Inexpensive, it was not what I would today call a good translation (it was a paraphrased one and not a real word for word translation), but it turned my life upside-down- nice gift!!!