11/5/14

From Gary... Beauty is not everything!!!










































We used to have a small aquarium, but the fish all died over time. However, they were beautiful, graceful creatures, like these Beta's.  But, their beauty belied their temperament; as they could be very, very aggressive!!!  So it is in the spiritual realm as well...

2 Corinthians, Chapter 11  (WEB)
1 I wish that you would bear with me in a little foolishness, but indeed you do bear with me. 2 For I am jealous over you with a godly jealousy. For I married you to one husband, that I might present you as a pure virgin to Christ. 3 But I am afraid that somehow, as the serpent deceived Eve in his craftiness, so your minds might be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. 4 For if he who comes preaches another Jesus, whom we did not preach, or if you receive a different spirit, which you did not receive, or a different “good news”, which you did not accept, you put up with that well enough. 5 For I reckon that I am not at all behind the very best apostles. 6 But though I am unskilled in speech, yet I am not unskilled in knowledge. No, in every way we have been revealed to you in all things. 7 Or did I commit a sin in humbling myself that you might be exalted, because I preached to you God’s Good News free of charge? 8 I robbed other assemblies, taking wages from them that I might serve you. 9 When I was present with you and was in need, I wasn’t a burden on anyone, for the brothers, when they came from Macedonia, supplied the measure of my need. In everything I kept myself from being burdensome to you, and I will continue to do so. 10 As the truth of Christ is in me, no one will stop me from this boasting in the regions of Achaia. 11 Why? Because I don’t love you? God knows. 12 But what I do, that I will do, that I may cut off occasion from them that desire an occasion, that in which they boast, they may be found even as we. 13 For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, masquerading as Christ’s apostles. 14 And no wonder, for even Satan masquerades as an angel of light. 15 It is no great thing therefore if his servants also masquerade as servants of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works.
Beware, just because someone says that they are religious, doesn't mean they are true followers of Christ!!!  Paul says more to the subject in another letter...

Galatians, Chapter 1 (WEB)
1 Paul, an apostle (not from men, neither through man, but through Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised him from the dead), 2 and all the brothers * who are with me, to the assemblies of Galatia: 3 Grace to you and peace from God the Father, and our Lord Jesus Christ, 4 who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us out of this present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father— 5 to whom be the glory forever and ever. Amen.
6 I marvel that you are so quickly deserting him who called you in the grace of Christ to a different “good news”; 7 and there isn’t another “good news.” Only there are some who trouble you, and want to pervert the Good News of Christ. 8 But even though we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you any “good news” other than that which we preached to you, let him be cursed. 9 As we have said before, so I now say again: if any man preaches to you any “good news” other than that which you received, let him be cursed. 10 For am I now seeking the favor of men, or of God? Or am I striving to please men? For if I were still pleasing men, I wouldn’t be a servant of Christ.

Question: How can I know the truth?  Again, let us turn to the Scriptures...

Matthew, Chapter 7 (WEB)
13 "“Enter in by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and many are those who enter in by it. " 14 "How" * "narrow is the gate, and restricted is the way that leads to life! Few are those who find it."
15 "“Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly are ravening wolves. " 16 "By their fruits you will know them. Do you gather grapes from thorns, or figs from thistles? " 17 "Even so, every good tree produces good fruit; but the corrupt tree produces evil fruit. " 18 "A good tree can’t produce evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree produce good fruit. " 19 "Every tree that doesn’t grow good fruit is cut down, and thrown into the fire. " 20 "Therefore by their fruits you will know them. " 21 "Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the Kingdom of Heaven; but he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. " 22 "Many will tell me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, didn’t we prophesy in your name, in your name cast out demons, and in your name do many mighty works?’ " 23 "Then I will tell them, ‘I never knew you. Depart from me, you who work iniquity.’"
24 "“Everyone therefore who hears these words of mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man, who built his house on a rock. " 25 "The rain came down, the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat on that house; and it didn’t fall, for it was founded on the rock. " 26 "Everyone who hears these words of mine, and doesn’t do them will be like a foolish man, who built his house on the sand. " 27 "The rain came down, the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat on that house; and it fell—and great was its fall.”"

Follow the plain teaching of the Scriptures; examine, test and ruminate on their meaning!!!  Listen to the words of Jesus and his followers- obey the truth that they teach!!!  Enough said!!!