12/11/14

From Gary... The colors of blessing!!!


I have had this particular picture for a long time, so I am unsure as to where I obtained it, but I seem to think it came from Walter Vogt- if so- Thanks!!!  Anyway, it is beautiful and makes me think of how beautiful God has made this world and the things in it. And God is a benevolent caretaker, just as Jesus has said...

Matthew Chapter 6 (WEB)
24  “No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other; or else he will be devoted to one and despise the other. You can’t serve both God and Mammon.   25  Therefore I tell you, don’t be anxious for your life: what you will eat, or what you will drink; nor yet for your body, what you will wear. Isn’t life more than food, and the body more than clothing?   26  See the birds of the sky, that they don’t sow, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns. Your heavenly Father feeds them. Aren’t you of much more value than they?

If God cares for such a beautiful little thing like this bird- then what about us? In this holiday season, remember to be content with our blessings, for God will provide what we really need.  And the first thing I can think of is beauty!!! Well, I can check that one off the list!!!