12/24/14

From Gary... Please stand by.


Today, everyone wants instant gratification.  Patience has almost become a thing of the past and very often we are willing to sacrifice quality for speed. How do these things apply to a follower of Jesus? Lets begin with something JESUS said.

John, Chapter 10 (WEB)
 7  Jesus therefore said to them again, “Most certainly, I tell you, I am the sheep’s door.   8  All who came before me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep didn’t listen to them.   9  I am the door. If anyone enters in by me, he will be saved, and will go in and go out, and will find pasture.   10 The thief only comes to steal, kill, and destroy. I came that they may have life, and may have it abundantly.

A real life could be defined as a life really worth having. And that takes time. But, how do these statements relate to the quoted passage. Well, you can merely exist or you may fully live- your choice.  Christians realize that knowing God and living on HIS TERMS is what's life is all about. We don't invent how we are to live, but follow the creator of all life. His way, his terms- no but's. Sometimes, fulfilling God's will for our lives takes time. Consider, that Moses spent forty years in Egypt, then forty years as an exile and then forty years leading God's chosen people.  

I can only tell you that upon reflection I can see God working throughout the various decades of my life, preparing me for what I am right now. And with this, I also realize that somehow I am being molded for something better in the future. At the very least (or most, depending on your perspective) this will be heaven. And when I get there, it will be because of Jesus and his example of following God's will. Humm, maybe the sign should read: Please be patient-Loading, a new, exciting realm of existence- HEAVEN!!!