3/24/15

From Gary... Dangerous curves ahead


Over the past few years, Linda and I have acquired the habit of saying "drive carefully" if the other one of us is going to take our vehicle out alone..  Having been in a few accidents over my lifetime, I can tell you that the cumulative effects of auto injuries increases over the years. So, this little exhortation before leaving helps- because, who really wants to get hurt, anyway?   Now, this picture of a pass in Switzerland looks dangerous, but there is a surprise to it. But first, think about the world we live in. Many things can happen to us; accidents, divorce, bankruptcy, arguments, illnesses of all kinds, etc.. However, while some of these things happen at random, most do not. My point is found in this Scripture...

Jeremiah, Chapter 10 (WEB)
23 Yahweh, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man who walks to direct his steps.  24 Yahweh, correct me, but in measure: not in your anger, lest you bring me to nothing.

Therefore, be careful out there and realize you are not alone- God is there!!!

And as far as that surprise goes....

The architect of the roadway knew of the dangers of this road and had phosphorescent paint placed in the boundary line paint.  I deliberately darkened the picture to simulate dusk and therefore show this feature.

When your life becomes dark and dreary, remember God's word- it will help you to "drive safely" amid the curves of life!!!