3/20/15

From Gary... A message from the mist


I choose this picture because it "fit" what happened to me this morning. It was (and still is) quite foggy this morning, and as we did our usual dog walk, I asked myself what could possibly be good about "today". And as I walked, I just kept thinking about "today" from the Scriptures and how it would apply to me, right now!!!  Somehow, I couldn't help but think that a good title for today's blog post would be "A message from the mist" and like "today", the thought just kept returning to me. Then I met my next door neighbor, who had been nice enough to comment on yesterday's post that featured a saying from "Mother Teresa". When he had wondered how to obtain a picture suitable for framing, I told him to find a program to modify it and left it at that. I didn't realize my insensitivity until today, when I met him. During the course of our conversation I recalled Isaiah 6 and realized right then and there I needed to help- so I volunteered to make something suitable for framing. I did, both he and his wife loved it and that is that.  Below are the Scriptures I thought about...  

Hebrews, Chapter 3 (WEB)
 13 but exhort one another day by day, so long as it is called “today”; lest any one of you be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin.


Isaiah, Chapter 6 (WEB)

 1 In the year that king Uzziah died, I saw the Lord sitting on a throne, high and lifted up; and his train filled the temple.  2 Above him stood the seraphim. Each one had six wings. With two he covered his face. With two he covered his feet. With two he flew.  3 One called to another, and said, 
“Holy, holy, holy, is Yahweh of Armies!
The whole earth is full of his glory!”

  4  The foundations of the thresholds shook at the voice of him who called, and the house was filled with smoke.  5 Then I said, “Woe is me! For I am undone, because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for my eyes have seen the King, Yahweh of Armies!” 

  6  Then one of the seraphim flew to me, having a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with the tongs from off the altar.  7 He touched my mouth with it, and said, “Behold, this has touched your lips; and your iniquity is taken away, and your sin forgiven.” 

  8  I heard the Lord’s voice, saying, “Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?” 

Then I said, “Here I am. Send me!” 



In all this I didn't realize that the "Message from the midst" was for me, not others. Help when you can, do the best when you can and do it now- not later, you may never get another chance!!!  Today, may your "mist" clear and the LORD give you direction. I pray that you will listen!!!