5/26/15

From Gary... More than a dog...


If dogs could read..

1. They would be smarter than they are today.
2. They just might gain knowledge without us.
3. They would get what they want.
4. They would become more powerful.
5. They just might control us.
6. They still would be dogs.
7. They would be a lot like us.

I wonder, would they be any better off?  Humans strive for all the things above (in the list) and when they gain them, are their lives fulfilling? For most, the answer is NO, but there are exceptions...

Philippians, Chapter 4 (WEB)
 8  Finally, brothers, whatever things are true, whatever things are honorable, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report; if there is any virtue, and if there is any praise, think about these things. 9 The things which you learned, received, heard, and saw in me: do these things, and the God of peace will be with you.  10 But I rejoice in the Lord greatly, that now at length you have revived your thought for me; in which you did indeed take thought, but you lacked opportunity. 11 Not that I speak in respect to lack, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content in it.  12 I know how to be humbled, and I know also how to abound. In everything and in all things I have learned the secret both to be filled and to be hungry, both to abound and to be in need.  13 I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me. 

Christians, faithfully following God can reach a state of true contentment because God changes them. In thought (verse 8), in deed and truth (verse 9) and in acceptance, which leads to contentment (verse 11). 

Perhaps you like the way you are and do not want to change.  Tell me- How DO you feel about squirrels, anyway???