7/8/15

From Gary... The internet, love and reward


Assume that:
1. A baby and a dog can communicate.
2. A baby could learn from a dog.
3. A baby could pee in the yard.
4. A baby would want to pee in the yard.
5. A baby would want a dog treat.
6. A baby would like a dog treat.

Success, you have entered the world of the internet; where you always get what you want!!! But, afterwards you wonder why you wanted it. The computer world is wonderful, isn't it? (Wait, wait, .... not sure about that one)

Then, there is this passage from John's gospel account...

John, Chapter 21 (WEB)
 12  Jesus said to them, “Come and eat breakfast.” 

None of the disciples dared inquire of him, “Who are you?” knowing that it was the Lord. 

  13  Then Jesus came and took the bread, gave it to them, and the fish likewise.  14 This is now the third time that Jesus was revealed to his disciples, after he had risen from the dead.  15 So when they had eaten their breakfast, Jesus said to Simon Peter, “Simon, son of Jonah, do you love me more than these?” 

He said to him, “Yes, Lord; you know that I have affection for you.” 

He said to him, “Feed my lambs.”   16 He said to him again a second time, “Simon, son of Jonah, do you love me?” 

He said to him, “Yes, Lord; you know that I have affection for you.” 

He said to him, “Tend my sheep.”   17 He said to him the third time,“Simon, son of Jonah, do you have affection for me?” 

Peter was grieved because he asked him the third time, “Do you have affection for me?” He said to him, “Lord, you know everything. You know that I have affection for you.” 

Jesus said to him, “Feed my sheep.  ...

Christianity is not a religion of action and reward (in this life, anyway); it is a relationship with God. Love is the force behind what we do and why we do it. Obedience follows love and who knows where that will lead. We follow and obey; God decides what happens to us in this life. Its as if Jesus were saying to me: Gary... do you love me? Since I must respond with a YES, then that's all there is to it; except of course to serve in any way I am led to serve.  God decides the rest of it, period!!!

There may, or there may not be, a treat at the end of my action in the here and now, but there will be a reward in heaven. I hope God allows dogs in heaven, but I wonder... will they be able to talk and what will they say to me???

Arf, arf, arf... you mean Moses really does have a treat on cloud nine?  Hope its not Gefilte fish-- again???