7/1/15

From Gary... Situation, conjunction and control


Recently, the topics that have been the focus of my posts have been the cause of much distress and downright anger for me.  I feel frustrated over the apparent destruction of my country and feel helpless to do anything significant to change its headlong descent into an ungodly atheistic abyss.

When I took my two dogs out for their last potty break before bed, I looked up and saw the conjunction of Venus and Jupiter. Then, I remembered that someone had said this was the same conjunction that is commonly called "The Star of Bethlehem. Not really sure about that, but I am very sure that I need to look up more!!!

Then, today, I saw this picture and was once again reminded of the beauty in the world; of the wonders of creation and the GOD who controls everything!!!  Today, I will make a point to open my eyes to the beauty all around me and find comfort in the fact that no matter who is president and what stupid things our government may do- GOD IS IN CONTROL!!!

Somehow, I just can't stop thinking about what Job said...

Job, Chapter 42 (WEB)
  1 Then Job answered Yahweh, 
  2 “I know that you can do all things,
and that no purpose of yours can be restrained.
  3 You asked, ‘Who is this who hides counsel without knowledge?’
therefore I have uttered that which I did not understand,
things too wonderful for me, which I didn’t know.
  4 You said, ‘Listen, now, and I will speak;
I will question you, and you will answer me.’
  5 I had heard of you by the hearing of the ear,
but now my eye sees you.
  6 Therefore I abhor myself,
and repent in dust and ashes.

Today, I will trust more, pray more and be encouraged by the truth of verse two and the personal message of verse six!!!

PS.. I am told that Venus and Jupiter will be at their closest point this evening; so about 30-40 minutes after sunset, look to the western sky and wonder!!!